Can I ask someone a quick favor?

Damn. This has been down for over an hour. It's not a good sign when you can't even ping the webhost!

I've been thinking about switching to another host. But with the databases I have, that is going to be a pain in the ass.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Professur again.
Don't worry, I'll getchaback. :)

karma+ to boo and Gonz!

I couldn't put in a trouble ticket because the only way I knew of to get to their support was from nomonthlyfees.com which was down.

I just tried to get in to their support ticket system to see what happened and couldn't remember which credentials I should use. I tried to go into Gmail to see what they were and Gmail was down! :laugh:

I got in though, and there is no information posted on what happened. I put in a support ticket. Now at least I know the URL to the support system so I can put them in if it happens again. That is, IF the support system isn't down too!

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it.

Damn, only 6 minutes to respond. I'm sure they're getting a shitload of tickets.

Looks like the downtime was a heck of a lot longer than one hour:

Hello.

Please accept our apologies for the downtime.

Everything has been fixed and should be up and running now.

There was a major hardware failure on the Verizon side of the NOC's network backbone. Verizon was on location within an hour of the trouble. It took a few hours for Verizon to troubleshoot the problem and replace the failed hardware.

We want to assure you that we know this kind of downtime is UNacceptable. We too are an internet business and we understand all too well what website downtime means to website owners. We will continue to do everything we can to keep your website up and running.

Verizon has assured us that the new hardware will fix the intermittent network instability that we have experienced over the past couple weeks.

Thank you for your continued business and support.

NoMonthlyFees.com Staff

Six minutes ain't bad at all. My server often takes many hours, because they're somewhere in Europe and I'm, of course, in NY. :rolleyes:

Glad you got it all worked out. :)

Back