Canada For Asia

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Canadian performers doing a tsunami benefit gig. Could be good, could be NOT good. My first thought was, oh, a night full of thinking who?!, but it doesn't seem to be such a bad lineup. Some might enjoy it. Tonight from 7-10 Eastern, with bonus webcast.

With performances by

The Tragically Hip, Rush, Blue Rodeo, Sloan, Bryan Adams, Barenaked Ladies, Oscar Peterson, Bruce Cockburn, Celine Dion, Jann Arden,
Tom Cochrane, Anne Murray, Sam Roberts, Molly Johnson, Daniel Lanois, Mir, David Usher, Doc Walker, Jason McCoy, Marc Jordan, The Trews, Shaye, Keisha Chante + many more​

:canada:

I recognize a few. I respect Rush.

Did you hear that Ricki Martin was in (one of the affected countries), seeing some of the orphans.? My two questions-Do they have a clue who he is & (more importantly) he's not a friend of Michael Jackson is he?

Gonz said:
I recognize a few. I respect Rush.

Did you hear that Ricki Martin was in (one of the affected countries), seeing some of the orphans.? My two questions-Do they have a clue who he is & (more importantly) he's not a friend of Michael Jackson is he?
that's as good as Gere expecting Palestinians to give a crap what he says :tardbang:

here's the full list from the press releases. Barenaked Ladies, Mike "Pinball" Clemons, Gordon Pinsent, Oscar Peterson, The Trailer Park Boys, Eric McCormack, MIR, Julie Payette, Eric Peterson, Bruce Cockburn, Scott Thompson, Mark McKinney, Shaye, Mike Myers, Rush, Wayne Gretzky, Don Cherry, The Tragically Hip, Cynthia Dale, Colin Mochrie, Debra McGrath, Lunch at Allen's (Murray McLauchlan, Marc Jordan, Ian Thomas, Cindy Church), Margaret Atwood, June Callwood, Austin Clarke, Keisha Chante, Christian (WWE), Daniel Lanois, Perdita Felicien, Albert Schultz, Anna-Maria Tremonti, Doc Walker, Jason McCoy, Peter Keleghan, Leah Pinsent, Tom Cochrane, Sam Roberts, Ron James, Eagle & Hawk, Tie Domi, The Trews, Sonja Smits, Patrick McKenna, Jann Arden, The Designer Guys, Damhnait Doyle , Kevin Parent, Liam Titcomb, Celine Dion, David Usher, The Royal Canadian Air Farce, Fresh I.E., Krystaal, Shirley Douglas, Michie Mee, Jian Ghomeshi, Sloan, Blue Rodeo, Raoul Bhaneja, Molly Johnson, Andrew Craig, Bryan Adams, Anne Murray

Leslie said:
here's the full list from the press releases. Barenaked Ladies, Mike "Pinball" Clemons, Gordon Pinsent, Oscar Peterson, The Trailer Park Boys, Eric McCormack, MIR, Julie Payette, Eric Peterson, Bruce Cockburn, Scott Thompson, Mark McKinney, Shaye, Mike Myers, Rush, Wayne Gretzky, Don Cherry, The Tragically Hip, Cynthia Dale, Colin Mochrie, Debra McGrath, Lunch at Allen's (Murray McLauchlan, Marc Jordan, Ian Thomas, Cindy Church), Margaret Atwood, June Callwood, Austin Clarke, Keisha Chante, Christian (WWE), Daniel Lanois, Perdita Felicien, Albert Schultz, Anna-Maria Tremonti, Doc Walker, Jason McCoy, Peter Keleghan, Leah Pinsent, Tom Cochrane, Sam Roberts, Ron James, Eagle & Hawk, Tie Domi, The Trews, Sonja Smits, Patrick McKenna, Jann Arden, The Designer Guys, Damhnait Doyle , Kevin Parent, Liam Titcomb, Celine Dion, David Usher, The Royal Canadian Air Farce, Fresh I.E., Krystaal, Shirley Douglas, Michie Mee, Jian Ghomeshi, Sloan, Blue Rodeo, Raoul Bhaneja, Molly Johnson, Andrew Craig, Bryan Adams, Anne Murray
try just reading the bold ones :lloyd:

they at least should be entertaining enough if nothing else.

What did you people do with Frank Marino (Mahogany Rush)? Why isn't he there? It'sd a cover up isn't it....hard rock/metal musicians aren't allowed in Canadistan are they? :erm:

he's got a nice bus, must be doing halfway ok. That's a lotta dough.

tourbus.gif

http://www.mahoganyrush.com/appearances.htm

Wayne Gretzke is still doing good things. Too bad he was a hockey player. :D So...why the concerts? Why don't they just cough up some big bucks out of their own pockets? The concert is a nice idea, but how much of that stuff for the concert is donated, and how much is rented? Are the roadies getting paid? How about the rest of the staff? Is this the same 10 to 25 cents on the dollar that was USA for Africa back in the 1980's?

The roadies get paid, and well, in my experience, as do all the other local hirees. Anyone/thing else, I dunno.

Back