Canadian Liberalism Crapped Up My Country

Winky

OMG I heard this live today and it rocks!
I just knew as I listened that it would make it
on the site for replay.
My guess is there are many more folks up there
that feel the same way. The best thing we can do for Iraq is teach em' all English and give them satellite dishes, for the Great White Northers let em' listen to Rush!

You guys are doing all the research and product development! We cap the price on you when you bring your drugs in here, you guys pay for all the research and development. We make the profits. We don't research and develop! You guys do all the work. We make the profit off it. We -- we can afford to cap it, lower the prices, because we're not doing anything. We don't do anything!

:headbang:

So sayeth the chick who works for a CRO in pharmaceutical research in (wait for it) Canada, Montreal specifically, where there are more pharmaceutical companies than there are car dealerships.

BRI: At the Heart of Montreal's Biotech Cluster
BRI is located in Montreal, at the heart of one of the most dynamic biopharmaceutical clusters in North America. Montreal is one of North America's major university centres, with four major universities: McGill University, Université de Montréal, Université du Québec à Montréal, and Concordia University. BRI is surrounded by prestigious research institutions such as the Montreal Neurological Institute, the Clinical Research Institute of Montreal, the Research Centre of the Centre hospitalier de l'Université de Montréal (CHUM), the Montreal Heart Institute, and the INRS-Armand-Frappier Institute.

Montreal has many pharmaceutical companies performing basic research, including AstraZeneca, Boehringer Ingelheim (Canada), Merck Frosst, Pfizer, and Shire (formerly Biochem Pharma). Its strong network of CROs includes Anapharm, Cato Research, Clintrials Bioresearch, Covance, ITR Laboratories, MDS Pharma, and Quintiles Canada. DSM Biologics, located on BRI's land, is the only cGMP contract bio-manufacturing company in Canada. Finally, Montreal has the highest concentration of start-up biotech companies in Canada and assembles numerous multinational pharmaceutical companies, including Abbott, AstraZeneca, Aventis, Boehringer Ingelheim (Canada), Brystol-Myers Squibb, Merck Frosst, Novartis, Pfizer, Schering-Plough, Servier, Shire, and Wyeth-Ayerst.

Source

Back