Candles

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Anyone else a candle freak?

We keep as many as 10. Most of them are the same scent...honeysuckle. We have soy candles, jar candles, tapers, votives, you name it. In addition to honeysuckle, right now we have a jar candle scented like apple pie, and a soy candle in my music room with a scent called Southern Nights. Very clean smelling, not perfumish. There's another jar candle in our bedroom scented with something called Mountain Air that is really nice too. I can handle most any scent except strong cinnamon or pumpkin, or anything overpowering or exceedingly floral.

I also far prefer lamp light to overhead. Unless I'm reading, then it's gotta be as bright as I can make it.

My wife and I have too many candles, but we have them for different reason...She likes the smell of scented candles and I have a penchant for having emergency lighting during hurricane season.

My wife and I have too many candles, but we have them for different reason...She likes the smell of scented candles and I have a penchant for having emergency lighting during hurricane season.

My wife loves candles. I have no use for them at all until the lights go out at night (at which point I could really care less what it smells like). :shrug:

I have candles lying around incase the power goes out, and a couple of scented candles that I've gotten as gifts. Al they do is collect dust, really.

Anyone else a candle freak?

We keep as many as 10. Most of them are the same scent...honeysuckle. We have soy candles, jar candles, tapers, votives, you name it. In addition to honeysuckle, right now we have a jar candle scented like apple pie, and a soy candle in my music room with a scent called Southern Nights. Very clean smelling, not perfumish. There's another jar candle in our bedroom scented with something called Mountain Air that is really nice too. I can handle most any scent except strong cinnamon or pumpkin, or anything overpowering or exceedingly floral.

I also far prefer lamp light to overhead. Unless I'm reading, then it's gotta be as bright as I can make it.

Considering your history with fire, did you clear that with your insurance carrier?

I used to have loads of different candles... then I started using aromtherapy oils so now instead I buy 100 tealights at a time so I can heat the water in the oil burner that I drop my oils in... I have about 50 of those so I can always find one to suit my mood... much better than scented candles. :)

i don't like candles. too sissy and messy for me. cluttery crap-crap.

we have some in case of emergencies. otherwise they need to stay put away where i won't see them.

I LOVE candles! I have at least one candle in every room. I put my candles on a candle warmer so I can leave them on for the smell and don't have to worry about the flame catching something on fire. Some of my favorite candle scents are Ocean Breeze, White Lily, Melon and Berries.......can't even think of them all!

some company... whichever one has the black one called midsummer or whatever... i think yankee? has this scent called housewarming (or something like that) that is OMG SO GOOD

My wife use to buy a shit load of candles and I'd always complain about the amount we have. So the one time we have a power outage she throughs it back in face. "See I TOLD you!"

I used to be a candle person. Nowadays I am all about the White Barn Wall Flowers plug in units.
They come in all the scents of the Bath & Body works stuff and work quite nicely.

Cam found those on sale a month and a bit ago. While painting, I took it off and put it down, not realizing it had oil in it. Takes the finish and stain right off wood! :D

I like the Mandarin Cranberry, hands down. The Midsummers Night is good too.

Back