Cars

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
5 stars. It made me laugh, and I left the cinema with a big smile on my face. If you go to see it, make sure to stay to watch additional scenes (and damn good ones) while the credits are passing.

I loved the vocho flies.

I realize Larry the Cable Guy pisses you off, but you're missing a lot of good movie otherwise.

Luis, did they have the short film before the feature that had those two one-man bands fighting over the coin from one girl?

Inky, that short film was hilarious. I was ready to punch out both of those bands. ROTFL

I loved the movie. And Luis, you are so right about staying for the credits.
It was a delightful movie. And Paul Newman's voice still makes me melt. *sigh*

Inkara1 said:
I realize Larry the Cable Guy pisses you off, but you're missing a lot of good movie otherwise.

Luis, did they have the short film before the feature that had those two one-man bands fighting over the coin from one girl?

Yeah, that was great. At first I thought WTF? what an odd way to start a movie whose characters are.......cars.

The version I saw was the translated one, so it is very likely that the jokes were changed. Did the old rusty car ever said something like "wee I'm happier than a deputy collecting his christimas tip" ??

Luis G said:
Yeah, that was great. At first I thought WTF? what an odd way to start a movie whose characters are.......cars.

The version I saw was the translated one, so it is very likely that the jokes were changed. Did the old rusty car ever said something like "wee I'm happier than a deputy collecting his christimas tip" ??

Up here, when he rode in the helicopter, he said, "Whoo! I'm happier than a tornado in a trailer park!"

Inkara1 said:
Up here, when he rode in the helicopter, he said, "Whoo! I'm happier than a tornado in a trailer park!"

Yes, he really said that! I almost fell out of my seat laughing.

You did notice that the mountains were the tail fins of classic Cadillacs?

We might be taking the girls to see it this week. I am looking forward to it more than I was after reading this thread!

When you go, be on the lookout... when the neon comes on at Flo's V8 Cafe, it comes on and off in the firing order of a Ford flathead V8.

Inkara1 said:
When you go, be on the lookout... when the neon comes on at Flo's V8 Cafe, it comes on and off in the firing order of a Ford flathead V8.

hmmm...you read AutoWeek?

No; it was mentioned in a review of the film I saw online somewhere. That writer may have gotten it from AutoWeek for all I know.

We went to see it yesterday on teather. Very cool. Damn translation though, ruined most of the jokes for sure :mad:
Carol had good laughs at Luigi, the Fiat.

Back