Celebrating the life of a wonderful woman

PrincessLissa

I know I have had much drama in my life lately and I have chose to post it all over these forums right after I came back from a very long hiatus. But this is something I need to get out. She was such a beautiful person in life and I hope that my family remembers her that way. Most of the family down there tok advantager of her.

No one bothered to tell us that she had passed away. We knew she was ill, but we did not know to what degree. We received a call one week after her passing to inform us casually that my great grandmother was deceased. I only met my great grandmother a few times that I was old enough to remember, but this was enough to know that she was an amazing person. She was the glue that held that part of my distant family together. She was the caretaker who always made sure your belly was full with her southern dishes, snuck you ice cream when mom wasn’t looking, and let everyone stay with her in her warm home. She had a very giving soul and will be very missed. My mom cried a bit in private and only showed my siblings and I a tear or two. My nine-year-old sister broke down in tears and hugged my mother. My brother kept all his emotions to himself, to later be released in private, while trying to keep my sister from causing my mother to cry more. My sister had meet this extraordinary woman only a few times and was very upset she wouldn’t be able to visit her this summer. Seeing the emotions of my sister makes me wonder if I am cold hearted, or just simply conditioned because of all the death and tragedy outside of my family that I have experienced in my life. With the exception of my mother, I knew her the best in my intermediate family and I shed no tears. I made a prayer for her and celebrated her life, but did not cry. Does this make a horrible person, or just someone that understands death?

perhaps you realize that while it is sad it is an inevitability in such an elderly woman. my condolences anyway.

Back