cell phone etiquette

kuulani

the hubby and i went out to a semi-fancy restaurant last night for a nice dinner away from my sister and my kiddies.

(i say semi-fancy because the atmosphere and menu items were lovely/pricey, but the dress code is kinda casual-island wear).

anywho, the guy's cell phone at the next table goes off, and he interupts his date's/wife's conversation to talk on the phone in a loud i-can't-quite-hear-you-through-the-static-on-my-phone kind of voice.

i'll be the first to admit i love the convenience of cells, but dammit, we're in a nice restaurant so take your damn conversation outside! (and pay attention to your date - hearing about your friend's bad haircut can wait 'til your home!)

At the country club where I'm employed they had to recently put a notice in the monthly newsletter concerning Cell Phone etiquette and how you're not supposed to use your cell phones in the dining rooms.

Dumbarses. Some people have no common curtesy at all.

does anybody know why they try now to make it possible to use mobiles on the plane? Isn't is bad enough to sit in a cramped place without someone next to you yelling into the phone :confused:

can't stand cellphones... i'm not a big fan of being reached all the time... or of phones period, for that matter

i was in a pizza shop a while back waiting on an order and talking with the guy i know who runs the place for about fifteen minutes... for the entire duration there was a couple with their maybe six-ish kid sitting at a booth, both on the phone the entire time... disturbing :hmm:

So far for every class in Computer graphics one little chickys cell has started to ring. Finally last night before the Prof started the class she asked her

"Expecting any calls?"

"Um, no"

"Good, can we turn off the phone then?"

About fucking time. It's bad enough when we go on break no less than 10 people are outside yacking on their cells. They're college students, surely whatever it is isn't that fucking important.

ElementOfChaos said:
does anybody know why they try now to make it possible to use mobiles on the plane? Isn't is bad enough to sit in a cramped place without someone next to you yelling into the phone :confused:
Ask them which provider they have. I've never heard of one that would come in at 30,000 feet.

People that take calls in the theater or play with thier text messages and light up the theater end up with wet popcorn in thier hair. I think that people in a resturaunt should either talk quietly where no one can hear them or take it outside. If that was my date, he would had wine in his lap and I would have his credit card for a taxi ride and a nice dinner somewhere else.

my mobi goes on vibrate or off and calls are not answered. if they're that important they can wait until i get out of the restaurant or cinema.

i'll admit i get narky with people who do leave theirs on, but more tolerant of it than i was a few years ago. cinema's here have ads (usually sponsored by mobile phone companies!) before the film to switch mobi's off.

Back