Cheney takes hunting lessons from Bob Knight

rrfield

Ow!

WASHINGTON — Vice President Dick Cheney accidentally shot and wounded a companion during a weekend quail hunting trip in Texas, spraying the fellow hunter in the face and chest with shotgun pellets.

Harry Whittington, a millionaire attorney from Austin, was "alert and doing fine" in a Corpus Christi hospital Sunday after he was shot by Cheney on a ranch in south Texas, said Katharine Armstrong, the property's owner.

http://espn.go.com/outdoors/hunting/news/2006/0212/2328636.html

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
what a wus, apparently he has never went out on opening day in a public hunting area. you get peppered from all directions.

catocom

Man, this country Must be in damn good shape, if this is all the news has
to report on, 16 collective hours a day.

unclehobart

I think its the first time since Aaron Burr that someone so high up the Executive branch food chain took a shot at someone. It is news... of a sort.

chcr

Too cute for words
samcurry said:
what a wus, apparently he has never went out on opening day in a public hunting area. you get peppered from all directions.
Story number one in the "Why I Quit Hunting" handbook. Used to have a "souvenir" duck decoy with it's head shot off. :lol:

Spot said:
the lawyer season is open in Texas! woo hoo!
For that I might start again.

catocom

unclehobart said:
I think its the first time since Aaron Burr that someone so high up the Executive branch food chain took a shot at someone. It is news... of a sort.
oh yeah, it's news.
They just spent too much time on it yesterday IMO.
They seem to be back to the More critical issues today though. :)

chcr

Too cute for words
Spot said:
accidently my ass.
the lawyer season is open in Texas! woo hoo!

Quail season, lawyer season, QUAIL SEASON, LAWYER SEASON, QUAIL SEASON, LAWYER SEASON, FIRE!!!!!

Excuse me while I amuse myself over here. :lloyd:

cheney.jpg

Be very afraid

chcr

Too cute for words
Shamelessly ripped off from another forum:
When news reached France they immediately surrendered.

As a side note, it seems that this guy had been off looking for some previously shot birds and came back up behind the rest of the party without announcing he was there. There are common practices in quail hunting (perhaps not in Quayle hunting though) and Whittington clearly didn't know them. The jokes are already flying though...

catocom

LOL, I just heard one of the first good jokes....on tv guide channel....

"If you're gonna play with Dick in the bush, you're gonna get it in the face" :alienlol:

flavio

Banned
"not shooting Whittington in the face would have showed quails everywhere that America is weak" - Daily Show