Christmas Gift Ideas...?

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
I need a couple of ideas to help me along with my Christmas shopping. My niece LOVES scary movies – she loves to be terrified. Do we have any horror movie buffs here?

Anyone else need any gift hints/ideas?

Spirit said:
I need a couple of ideas to help me along with my Christmas shopping. My niece LOVES scary movies – she loves to be terrified. Do we have any horror movie buffs here?

evil dead

Spirit said:

Get her "The Ring", or the original and more scary japanesse version "Ringus"

Some C-4 in a playdough container is loads of fun...unless, of course, you like the young lady... :D

Luis G said:
Get her "The Ring", or the original and more scary japanesse version "Ringus"

The ring has the only scene in any horror movie that i can't bare to watch. That is when the girl lurches towards the tv screen and comes through it. Just horrifying.

paul_valaru said:
Heathen!!!!!

it was the original, the second was more comedy

The whole reason they made II was because part I sucked. It was a remake not a sequal. Even Stephan King calls it the greatest horror flick ever made. Anyway i guess it depends on which one you saw first. I didn't see part I until after i'd seen II a couple dozen times.

HeXp£Øi± said:
The whole reason they made II was because part I sucked. It was a remake not a sequal. Even Stephan King calls it the greatest horror flick ever made. Anyway i guess it depends on which one you saw first. I didn't see part I until after i'd seen II a couple dozen times.

saw part one first, when I was 10, scared the CRAP out of me, the fact that it was such a low budget. To bad the director never made anything of himself....:D

paul_valaru said:
saw part one first, when I was 10, scared the CRAP out of me, the fact that it was such a low budget. To bad the director never made anything of himself....:D

Neither did poor Bruce Campbell. He has continued working successfully in hollywood but his status as a cult icon really irritates him. His website for years was inundated with Evil Dead groupies and none of them gave a shat about his other roles. :D

HeXp£Øi± said:
Neither did poor Bruce Campbell. He has continued working successfully in hollywood but his status as a cult icon really irritates him. His website for years was inundated with Evil Dead groupies and none of them gave a shat about his other roles. :D

You mean I'm the only one who liked Autolicus? :eek:

HeXp£Øi± said:

I'm guessing you're referring to Xena. Yes. Well...you and Ted Turner. :D

Spirit said:

Without knowing the lass' age and extent of her collection thus far, it's kinda hard to give many suggestions.

I used to enjoy horror movies quite a bit, then got out of the genre. Now, I'm a little more interested. I cannot wait for Saw to hit either PPV or DVD. I wanna see that one quite badly.

One of my favorite older ones would be the original Halloween. Scared me pretty good. Or if it's a less graphic style you're after, maybe Pet Sematary. I always liked the book, and the movie wasn't bad as far as Stephen King movies go. They usually suck compared to the novels.

She's 17. I got her the last Halloween - but I never saw it myself. I'd like to get her another movie. Heathen... hmm.. never even heard of that one!

Dead Alive is a movie that all horror movie buffs should know of. It's not really scary, but it's pretty funny. I love it. It's a foreign film (New Zealand) so it might be hard to find. It was voted the most gruesome horror movie to come out of New Zealand at the time.

I also like the Ring and the Japanesse original. Maybe she would like some old classic horror films like Pumpkin Head or Child's Play.

Back