Circuit City

Sawhney89

For those in the US the Circuit City warranty department SUCKS! For those in Canada Circuit City owns the electronic store, "The Source." I purchased a Sony Viao Desktop from them in mid February of 2004 and purchased a 4 year warranty with it. I called up their warranty service to get my motherboard replaced which was acting up. They said they would call me back once they got the part in. A few weeks later they called me and said the part is no longer available and I was eligible for a $700 gift card or a new computer. I took the $700 gift card and they said it would take approx. 10 days and yet I am still waiting.

I called in twice after I confirmed the $700 gift card to make sure everything went smoothly and of course each time they said everything was good to go. However the ten days passed and I still received no gift card. I talked to the supervisor and he told me that that the representative did not process it correctly and he was re-doing it and expediting it. I said ok, and called a few days later for a tracking number. Once again they told me that there was an error in the processing and they must redo it. They said to call in the next day. I called in the next day and they said they overnighted my gift card.

I called in two days later and of course they said there was a processing error. They must reprocess it again.

Wow... This is getting really ANNOYING! There warranty department sucks. Supposedly I can only contact the call center and not the place issuing the gift card AND supposedly, the call center can only contact the center issuing the gift card via email or chat (when available). It seems as if the call center is playing as the bitch middleman. Ugh.

Professur

As a certified computer tech .... you've been fed a line of horseshit. There's not a laptop in the world that you can't get spares for. I'd place a call to Sony and file a grivance.

Altron

I thought that you bought your HP with the gift card.

Circuit City is a lame store. I go shopping at Office Depot. They have better prices and selection.

I think that there's a complaint line that you can call. Try looking for it at the website, if that doesn't work, call them, 234-3433, and ask for a manager. They should be able to get you the complaint line number.

Today, customer service had two people, and merch had two people. Those CS shitheads pulled one of the merch people on register for two hours, because they didn't want to do it. Being the only merch person on the floor (complete bullshit - in terms of physical size, we're the largest department, and in terms of number of items sold, we're by far the largest department. Yet tech has five red shirts and a manager, and TVs has like six red shirts. We have ONE.) I had to help like a billion people at the same fucking time.

It's complete insanity, they complain that we don't help customers enough, yet they have ONE person dealing with the ~40 customers in merch.

I mean, I used to care, but now I don't. For the most part, I sell MP3 players. On a Sunday, we have enough people buying MP3 players that I can spend my entire day selling them, completely ignoring music and movies. It's a beautiful thing. People who can't find a movie need to walk all the way to MP3s, which is like halfway across the store (we're one big fucking department), then they ask me, and I tell them that I'm the only one in this department and they get all pissed off because I'm already trying to sell shit to four people at the same time and they can't find their precious fucking movie. Don't bitch at me, bitch at the legally retarded fucker who decided that they only need one person to work. This happened the sunday before last sunday too.

I want to get the hell out of Merch before they completely kill it. Those assholes have no respect for my time. They give me really shitty hours, way less than I asked for (My availability says 25 hours a week for the summer, this week I worked 8), but then if something happens and they need people, they give me way more than I want (My availability for winter was 15 hours a week, they made me work 40 for pretty much all of December). $8.75 is not nearly enough to repay everything Circuit City has stolen from me.

Then those assfucks have the balls to bitch at me for not knowing obscure details about products for which I have never recieved training. The phone had a "50 number phonebook" and had expandable handsets, so I didn't know if the numbers stored in the phonebook were shared among all handsets or separate. I ask the tech manager and he says that they're separate, then bitches at me for not knowing. Then he tells me to take the fucking E-training on cordless phones. E-training is this pathetic excuse for training that is the reason that everyone hates sales people. A fifteen minute video poorly made in Flash is not enough to tell you everything you need to know about selling the thousands of products that we carry. Not that I even had the merch E-training, those assholes switched me between departments when they need ed more people, so I never really had training whatsoever for what I sell. Everything I know, it's from either general knowledge, reading the label on the box, or reading the little blurb about it in the computer inventory system.

And then these asshole customers get up in my face about "You're commissioned, so you're selling me shit that I don't need." Baby, everything you buy at Circuit City is shit that you don't need. We're a retail electronics store. Retail electronics are not necessary to life. If I am commissioned, I sure as hell haven't been getting paid a commission. Maybe you fuckers had better do some research before whining.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Maybe you should find a new job. SOMETHING has to be keeping you there. If the pay is shit and the managers and shit and you hate the job why do you stay? Look for something else, part time jobs are a dime a dozen. Once you've worked retail once almost any retail store will hire you.

majestyx

Nixy said:
part time jobs are a dime a dozen.
Maybe in Canada, but not in the US. Majority of people keep a job they hate because it is very difficult to find another one.

Altron

I figure that any retail electronics place is going to be the same. I doubt that I can find a job outside of retail, and I have absolutely no intrest in becoming a cashier or a shelf-stocker.

I think that I'm going to try to get transferred back to TVs, which will give me a $1.50/hr raise, and I won't have to find movies for people.

Sawhney89

"I thought that you bought your HP with the gift card." Altron

I bought the HP with cash and was going to do an exchange once the gift card came in. However I am still waiting for the giftcard and am scared to call them again and ask for a tracking number. I don't want to hear... "We have to reprocess it again due to an error.. --_--"

Altron

Dude, call them and make sure that they can still exchange the cash for the gift card after 30 days. I've seen them go past 30 before, but just confirm this, and make sure you hear it from a manager.

Sawhney89

Called the manager and he said to come into the store when I recieve the giftcard.. Circuit City's warranty extremely blows, though.

Altron

Leslie said:
You should at least try if you think you might like it better. I bet you could.

Well, I don't even have a high school diploma, so I don't think I'm qualified for much. I think the only office jobs I could get would be filing papers or data entry or something equally horrible.

Besides, it's not always that bad. I just need to vent once in awhile. Most of my coworkers become alcoholics. I rant on forums.

Inkara1

Better ranting on forums than becoming an alcoholic... although it would be funny if you did both. That would make for some entertaining posting. :D

Sawhney89

Late night talk with Altron... Um... I think the converstation would go from tree loving to women to friends to the damn government to his boat. ooh, man