City: Morelia, Mexico

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I'm searching for some pictures of my city, i will ask a friend for his digital camera as well, so all can see and find out about the place where i live :D :D

Founded in 1541, under the name of Valladolid.

Name which lately was changed to Morelia, honouring one of the most biggest mexican heroes, José Ma. Morelos y Pavón, which was born in this city, and fought to accomplish Mexico's (in those days "Nueva España") independence from Spain.

The Cathedral, its construction started in 1660, and it was finished in 1774.

Its two towers are 60m tall.

This is the Cathedral:

Attachment(s):

cath1.jpg, 53.04kb

cath1.jpg

Air view of the \"Acueducto\" (aquaduct ?? ), it has 253 archs and is 1,710m long.

It was completed in 1785.

Attachment(s):

Acue1-1.jpg, 95.66kb

Acue1-1.jpg

The "Acueducto" in the afternoon

Attachment(s):

Acue2.jpg, 41.27kb

Acue2.jpg

indeed, very purty, i'll see if i have any pics that make cardiff look as good [and as dry rolleyes]

i just scanned in my germany slides, i'll think about posting the nice ones. i still have over a hundred prints to do though (

I edited my previous posts, to add a little history, those who are curious, re-read them. :)

This is a photo of a Morelos monument, in "Jardín a Morelos"

Attachment(s):

PlazaMorelos.jpg, 50.21kb

PlazaMorelos.jpg

This is "La Calzada", you can see an air view of it too in the Acueducto Air view picture, it starts near the font that is in the street. The walk street ends in the temple that appears on the Morelos Plaza photo.

BTW, the font "in the street" is called "Las Tarascas", and it also has its history.

Attachment(s):

Calzada.jpg, 85.62kb

Calzada.jpg

kuu: i will gladly give you a tour in the city, day and night life :eek: ;)

This is the forementioned font, Las Tarascas, the original was coloured, but unfortunetly a corrupt politic a while ago stole them and the location of the original font is unknown, some say it might be in France. Anyway, here it is:

Attachment(s):

tarascas.jpg, 38.97kb

tarascas.jpg

This is "Palacio de Gobierno" (goverment's palace):

Attachment(s):

palacio.jpg, 53.28kb

palacio.jpg

Internal view of Palacio de Gobierno:

Attachment(s):

palacioint.jpg, 57.64kb

palacioint.jpg

Back