Cold as heck TV shows

tonksy

So is anyone else besides Rob infatuated with these snow infested TV shows like Deadliest catch and that ice truckers show?
It's mind boggling that folks would actually choose to be out in that. Crazy stuff.

I'd do the frozen lake run if it was closer to home. (didn't see the show but know of the premise)

waves hand...:beardbng:
I don't know what it is about them but I cant help it.
and yes, I watched ice road trucker last night.:toast:

I've only seen a one or two of the Deadliest catch shows. Those guys are nuts!! Watched the Ice Road Truckers show last night. Crazy! While I myself wouldn't do either of those things, I have to say that I admire them for the jobs that they are doing!

I lived in Upstate New York for the first half of my life. That cold weather shit gets pretty old pretty quickly. OTOH, I could watch shows about it all day long. I saw the original Ice Road Truckers special a couple of years ago. Haven't watched the series. I watch Deadliest Catch sometimes because I like Mike Rowe. Dirty Jobs is a better show. They did a segment about a well drilling company I do computer work for here in town last year. I got a copy of the DVD.

The jobs are short windows with insane hours with phat paychecks waiting at the end. Everyone involved is a salty old cuss with a psychological issue that seemingly never made it past the 8th grade. It should be held up as a 'stay in school, fool' sign for the kids today. It must really be a nutso job considering that you wont see the Mexicans doing it. Apparently they have an issue with the -40 temps... the pussies.

My wife and I both like Deadliest Catch.

tonks...if you really like dirty jobs, I have a bathroom at work...:devious:

The show is good, too. ;)

I confess --- I love Dirty Jobs and Deadliest Catch. Ice Road Truckers had me shivering.

My new passion is Cities of the Underworld. Fascinating stuff about what is under some cities.

i love dirty jobs, deadliest catch, and cities of the underworld too!
i haven't seen the ice road truckers thing yet though. sounds worth checking out!

Probably they're talking about that ice road they use to get up to the diamond mines in NWT and Nunavut.

I confess --- I love Dirty Jobs and Deadliest Catch. Ice Road Truckers had me shivering.

My new passion is Cities of the Underworld. Fascinating stuff about what is under some cities.

Get a clog in a hammermill, and you will truly know what a dirty job really is...

I watched the Ice truckers show last night. Pretty damn nuts. I love Deadliest Catch too as well as Dirty Jobs. Also become a huge fan of this Man vs. Wild show with that British dude. That guy puts up with some seriously gnarly shite!

I watched the Ice truckers show last night. Pretty damn nuts. I love Deadliest Catch too as well as Dirty Jobs. Also become a huge fan of this Man vs. Wild show with that British dude. That guy puts up with some seriously gnarly shite!

Bear Grylls is crazy! Flat out bonkers.....but really cute.

Back