College Republicans

FluerVanderloo

I joined up with the College Republicans at the involvement fair they held today in the Commons. Is/was anyone involved in that?

I wans't too active with much in college other than marching band and journalism... but in 2000 Fresno State's chapter did succeed in bringing both John McCain and Alan Keyes to campus (separate times).

The Keyes rally sounded more like Sunday at the Second Baptist Church in Mississippi, complete with guy in the front row saying "that's right," "uh-huh" and "amen brother."

I joined when I was in college. Wasn't very active. Let's say I had "other pursuits" and leave it at that, shall we? *evil smirk*

WOW, our clubsfest was yesterday too...talk about coinkydink!

Well, hopefully I'll like it. When I signed up, I was of course leaning over in front of one of the members seated on the other side of the sign up sheet...he pointed to the battle flag charm hanging from my neck and said, "I like your necklace."

Heh. :blank:

Of course it's not.

I bought this charm for two dollars at the main Gettysburg tour gift shop, then went and got a silver box chain to match for twenty. It's never left my neck, except for showers.

The only thing I'm worried about if I get in with this is the fact that it's 99% guys. I hope they don't start pulling that whole, "You are woman, therefore inferior" bullshit.

FluerVanderloo said:
Of course it's not.

I bought this charm for two dollars at the main Gettysburg tour gift shop, then went and got a silver box chain to match for twenty. It's never left my neck, except for showers.

The only thing I'm worried about if I get in with this is the fact that it's 99% guys. I hope they don't start pulling that whole, "You are woman, therefore inferior" bullshit.

It's mostly guys in engineering and I've never run into that problem, I hope you have luck just as good.

FluerVanderloo said:

If they do, kick 'em [Cartman] right sqaih in da nuts!! [/Cartman]

Societies at my uni. Might be un - pc to say so but most fall under "hating heterosexual white guys"

Cypriot
Radio Station - GSR
cheerleading
Choir
Afro-carribean
Basics
BLW
Asian
Political
Muslim
Chinese Society
Christian
Drama
Earth-and-Environment
Economics
Explore UK
Gaelic
Hindu Society
Hellenic
International
Iranian/Arabic
law
LGBT
Malaysian
Mauritian
MOBO
Association of Nigerian Students
Photography
Sikh
SWSS
Turkish

Just Out of interest why didn't you guys side with the British? No belly for a fight, we would have cut you a better deal :evilcool: dancin' with the devil ain't that bad.

Lopan said:
Just Out of interest why didn't you guys side with the British? No belly for a fight, we would have cut you a better deal :evilcool: dancin' with the devil ain't that bad.

The Brits did pledge support for the Confederacy. They didn't like the Boston-istan tariffs any better than we did. When they saw a chance to both bypass Boston/NYC harbors for New Orleans/SC/FL with lower tariffs, AND stick one in Boston's ass, they liked it.

Flu....well done. Now, the most important thing to keep repeating to these college eggheads is...LESS GOVERNMENT & Conservative issues are not Republican anymore but they could be with help.

Back