Coming out of the closet

Squiggy

ThunderDick
NO! Not that....:mad:

With xmas fast approaching, I thought it a good time to do this...I have to admit that I really don't care for the movie Its A Wonderful Life....Now, I know the masses will gasp in horror as they read this, but I suspect that there are others out there who have had to endure having it inflicted on them annually, just like me...So lets hear it. Anyone else dare to shed themselves of this deceitful burden and come out of that closet?

:devious:

Ms Ann Thrope

*runs forward at breakneck speed and proudly stands next to Squiggy*

I've always hated this movie, and have stunned holiday gatherings into shocked silence by yelling at the tv during the bridge scene: Jump, George Bailey! Jump!

y'know, this movie was a bomb when it was first released...could this be additional proof of the dumbing down of the US? ;)

tonksy

you know what? i think i'm confused about which movie is it's a wonderful life....yup, i was confusing it with miracle on something street....is that that dull yarn about that tight bastard at the bank and it has jimmy stewart?

Kawaii

Well, where i live it's a national tradition to watch Donald Duck's Christmas Special From 1979(tm) at 15:40 pm... I really hate it. If my relatives knew that i'd be rolled in tar and feathers and get kicked outta the country.

BeardofPants

I had a look at what else Capra had done, and it included Arsenic and Old Lace which I wanted to watch sometime - does that one suck too?

Ms Ann Thrope

NO! it's absolutely fucking brilliant -- redeems the bastard's career --- one of my favorite movies of all time -- Cary Grant is amazing in it....

Professur

I'm with Tonks about White Christmas. Also, I'm a fan of The Grinch, and the original Christmas Carol. Never seen It's a Wonderful Life.

I have a childhood memory of a Christmas cartoon involving a tiny bird, and a statue. Possibly a little boy also. The statue gives up the jewels that were his eyes. That's all I remember, 'cept that it was an incredibly sad cartoon. Anyone remember anything like this?

Inkara1

I've only seen bits and pieces of it in my entire life. How many years did NBC buy the rights to broadcast it for, though?

tommyj27

Not really Banned
i don't think i've ever seen wonderful life all the way through, but from what i have seen i wonder why people would make a tradition out watching it every year. maybe it's just a fixation on black and white movies, i could watch dr. strangelove every christmas. :retard:

tonksy

freako104 said:
a christmas story is popular with my sister and the rents. i think my borther in law is a fan too.
i adore this movie...ralphie is great! and that fricking bunny suit cracks me up every time...and the bumpasses hounds...

tonksy

show mommy how the piggies eat...

ralphies brother all bundled up and he falls over and can't get up.

the chinese waiters trying to sing "falalalala"

CydCharisse

I don't have to watch any movie I don't choose to watch. Christmas for me is about spending time with my family and friends AWAY from the TV