Condiments in tiny packets

PrincessLissa

I am told that a lot of single, young, bachelors save the tiny packets of ketchup and so forth from fast food resteraunts. Erik and his roomate happened to be shining examples. I never understood it and saw it as a bit of a hassle to keep so many packets and have to open them one at a time. Tonight, these packets were my savior. I was having a HUGE craving for tater tots and decided to pop some in the oven. As the buzzer on the stove timer goes off I can fell my stomach SCREAMING for those yummy greasy treats with a generous helping of ketchup. I open the fridge door and my mind flashes back to last week when "Stinky Bathroom Guy" asked to borrow some ketchup for his dinner he brought with him and then used over a third of the bottle for about 8 hotdogs. In a desperate search to see if there were any little packets of goodness in the cabinet, I found just enough to enjoy my little fake potato treats.

Thank goodness for cheap bachelors and the hoarding of Wendy's ketchup.

So anyway, does anyone else save those packets? I save the Arby's packets for my sandwiches at home and sometimes the Taco Bell Mild sauce packets because during the pregnancy I have become addicted to that stuff. I make yummy homemade burritos and quseodillias and squirt that nasty stuff all over them.

You wouldn't believe how many sauce and ketchup packets I threw away when I moved home from Fresno. It was amazing.

I save the taco bell mild sauce and use one packet per microwave quesadilla when I make them at home (one tortilla per quesadilla folded over some pre-shredded cheese and the sauce... I usually make two and nuke them for one minute).

I save some in my desk drawer at work for those quick working-through-lunch-grab-a-burger days. Salt, pepper, napkins and ketchup usually is all I save though.

During my starving college days, I have been known to horde them in large quantities, as well as Sweet-n-Low packets and anything else I could get for free from a burger joint. It beat paying for it. I remember my roomie and I going to Krystal late at night and while one of us ordered some fries to occupy the lone counter worker the other was busy stashing condiments in pockets.

So sue me.

I was known to horde the little pepper packets a decade ago ... but certainly nothing today as I can consume nothing that comes from fast food. Since I don't go into those places, I don't have the opportunity to horde.

*opens desk drawer* three A&W BBQ sauces, and a couple of those powered salt paquets from McD. Hmmm. I'm out of sugar.

I am guilty of hording these tiny little packets. There is normally a nice supply of these in the glove box of my vehicle. I would always keep extra of the honey mustard packets from Chik-Fil-A, and thank god for that. While in Charlotte recently my daughter and I went there and find out they no longer have those packets. OH that sucked. As we do not have Chik-Fil-A here and knew that we needed to satisfy that need for a chicken sandwhich and waffle fries before returning home. We dug in panic through the glove box and found 2 packets.

Whenever I go to McD's, I get a whole bunch of those dipping sauces they have for the McNuggets. Kids love having those when I make homemade nuggets.

I haven't been in a fast food joint in forever, but we have a crapload of McD's BBQ packets. Just like Spirit, the kid loves 'em with nuggets.

on the ship we could sell those things...or at least trade for a coke. mcdonald's sauce is better than watered down ketchup on your bone dry roast beef for the 3rd time this week.

The funny thing about Erik being the one to throw them into the cupboard is that he doesn't eat any type of sauce. Everything he eats must be plain and sauce free. Except spaghetti and pizza, but even then it is very minimal sauce. :shrug:

I wish I had nuggets right now. But I don't have McD sweet and sour to go with them.

A.B.Normal said:
Wel now we know where the stinky comes from :eww:

Yes, this man never stops eating. We wakes up and had some form of junk food for breakfast and literaly does not stop eating. If there is no food in his general area, he will chew on his hands and nails. It quiet annoying.

Since the old man and I don't eat at fast food places, don't have the opportunity to hoard. However, like many, in our younger, less moneyed days, we did. :)

Amazing what a little stolen catsup, pickle relish, and mayo can do. LOL

*Opens Desk drawer, looks for a pen among the foil...

Nope, I don't save em, they just multiply all on their own.

Back