Couldn't sleep

PostCode

Major contributor!
Woke up at 2:45 to take a leak and couldn't get back to sleep.

I hate it when this happens.

I'm usually up for another half-hour or so. Luckily I don't have to be at work until 11.

Actually... most of her work is on the weekends. At least it makes for a more flexible midweek schedule when you have to go to the bank and other businesses that only do the 9-5 thing.

That's a big part of why I signed up for direct deposit and do most of my purchases with checks or the debit card. I can always hit up the ATM for petty cash when need be.

I also wanted direct deposit because the nearest branch of my bank, and therefore ATM, location is 10 miles away. That, and Radio Shack direct-deposits payments on Wednesday or Thursday... but checks come in via FedEx and come in on Friday... or sometimes the following Monday or Tuesday.

I would never do direct deposit in Georgia as this state has the most pro bank laws. A company can suddenly go.. 'Oh.. those last 6 months of paychecks were a clerical error.' and suck them all back out leaving you to deal with a 10,000$ vorpal sinkhole of the damned to deal with. Thank you very little.

Direct deposit is the second greatest invention ever, next to the air conditioner. I only wish the NY Department of Labor would see fit to adopt it.

between direct deposit and ATM's i dont think i've set foot in a bank and dealt with a teller in about a decade.

use them all the time. when we go away, one of my first questions is "where are the ATMs?"

I wake up a lot in the middle of the night and can't fall back asleep. I hate it. I wish I had some tips or something for you, but I don't. Sorry. :hug:

The ATM comes in very handy for me. I find that normally, the only time I have to go get cash is late at night when the bank's closed.

I hate when that happens too. Worst of all, is when you wake up at 4:30 am on Sunday when your off from work.... :alienhuh:

unclehobart said:
I would never do direct deposit in Georgia as this state has the most pro bank laws. A company can suddenly go.. 'Oh.. those last 6 months of paychecks were a clerical error.' and suck them all back out leaving you to deal with a 10,000$ vorpal sinkhole of the damned to deal with. Thank you very little.

Um, no. After 5 days, it's non-reversable. Put it this way: I'm one of the most prarnoid people you know when it comes to money, and I do direct deposit. It's safe.

What's "direct deposit"?

Is it our direct debit?...

Where you use a Switch (now known as Maestro) card to make a payment but istead of it being credit/debt like MasterCard/visa... it cash is debited straight out of the bank account the card is linked to...

I only ever use debit... I don't own a credit card and as such was wondering... would a Maestro card work on the old red and angry looking paypal?

It's having your employer directly deposit your paycheck into your account instead of waiting in line

Back