crap day, in here

ris

i get up to find my website is down, something to do with the hosts being spacktards. i'm looking for work where the site will be really important, this shit i can do without when i am trying to send people there to be impressed mad2

so, off to work to clear my office 'cos i've left. drag work to car, many trips, my dept is on about the sixth floor.
decide best course of action is to take hdd out of my work machine to copy it over onto my rig here and burn from there, rather than transfer it bit by bit at uni.

hdd in, copying going well, i have a spare partition and proceed to chuck 2 years of work and mp3s over. deleting work as i go along so i know where i am i get toward the end and check one of the folders, the most important one [mphil]. hdd goes crr crr crr and hard-locks the machine.

i appear to have smacked my work across the baddest of bad-ass sectors. nothing else is touched, just teh 2gb of mphil work.

now recovering it from the old drive with lost and found, 'kin hope it works.

and i guess a new hdd is on the cards now too, on the day i run out of job, and paychecks (

*moment of silence for ris's hard drive*

I've had things go whacko right at the last minute too, and while losing the stuff that I did may not be as impactful as what you lost, it sure sucked. Sorry to hear that, d00d :(

moment of mild joy: i managed to recover the mphil folder onto my gf's pooter with lost and found. whole thing needs sorting for file-types by at least it's there and i can burn it off now

:)

Originally posted by ris
moment of mild joy: i managed to recover the mphil folder onto my gf's pooter with lost and found. whole thing needs sorting for file-types by at least it's there and i can burn it off now

:)

:headbang:

sho does. good news is i made a copy of the thesis a month back and very little has changed. i just like complete backups.

4.20am, just got back from work where i delivered the old hdd and then made 2 more copies of the thesis off a month-old version i had on the uni shared-drive. it's as complete as it can be, i even updated a couple of pages to get it accurate.

now all i have to do is backup the rest of my stuff before this hdd goes to the wall completely :cool:

after i sleep, after....

Back