Crash

greenfreak

Powerful movie, great cast. I found it gut-wrenching, disconcerting, embarrassing, thought-provoking and just overall a great 2 hours. Not the kind of "Hollywood happy ending" type of movie.

For those of you who fight against political correctness, this movie is refreshingly honest and pushes the envelope more than I've seen anytime recently in movies.

SNP, Gonz and Gato; you should absolutely see it. Even if you don't agree with a lot of it, I think it's definitely up your alley.

It is a great movie, it is certainly not the typical movie you'd expect from Hollywood. All of the stories are tied together perfectly. Worth seeing it.

And no leslie, we're not talking about the other crash you might be thinking about ;)

thanks for reminding me the movie was out on DVD. picked up a copy tonight. probably watch it later this week.

SouthernN'Proud said:
Never heard of it. Will investigate. I need me a good movie to watch, after someone told me Skeleton Key was a dud.

Hmmm...Once Upon a Time in the West was good. So was The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

You may not like it, but Glory was good...as was Buffalo Soldiers.

It wasn't a huge hit in the theatres, presumably because it doesn't give you a warm fuzzy feeling inside. Two of the biggest names, Sandra Bullock and Brendan Fraser had next-to-nothing roles. Ludacris was amazing, and even Matt Dillon surprised me.

Gato_Solo said:
Hmmm...Once Upon a Time in the West was good. So was The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

Glory was another amazing movie for me. First movie I saw Denzel in, and where I realized just how good Morgan Freeman is. My 10th grade history teacher took us to see it on a field trip.

Haven't seen the others but thanks, I need movies to put on my rental list.

i watched this last night and i'm still not sure if i liked the movie or not. it has stayed with me though. lot of angry characters. lot of stereotypical racist characters too.

Ludacris was amazing
he reminded me of Jay, of Jay and Silent Bob fame.

Spot said:
he reminded me of Jay, of Jay and Silent Bob fame.
Not sure if that's a good thing or bad to you. :) I thought Jay and Silent Bob were funny in smaller doses but really didn't like them in their own movie.

Gato_Solo said:

Why would I not like it?

greenfreak said:
SNP, Gonz and Gato; you should absolutely see it. Even if you don't agree with a lot of it, I think it's definitely up your alley.

My wife watched it a couple of weeks ago & says I have to see it. Now to just get my ass upstairs.

After seeing it, I'm not sure what I think. I was expecting to be blown away. It was ok.

maybe i'll dig this one out and give it another spin. see if its one of those flicks that are better with a second view.

So it seems it got the oscar. It surprises me that they even took it into consideration, since it didn't make a big hype.

Back