Crime fighting, country style

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Are you kidding?

A masked man fled a Greene County convenience store shortly after 9 p.m. on Sunday without any cash after a clerk on duty failed to respond to his demand for money.

<snip snip>

...about 9:10 p.m. a man wearing a red, hooded sweat shirt and a black mask entered the store, placed a paper sack on the counter and said, "This is a stick up."

The report also noted that the clerk on duty saw what he believed to be a "long-bladed knife" beneath the paper sack the suspect placed on the counter after entering the business.

The report said the clerk turned to the suspect and said, "Are you kidding?" and then told a second clerk to call the police.

At that point, according to Deputy Jones's report, the suspect fled the store and ran down Greystone Road.

I am in this store at least three times a week. I bet money I know the guy working when this happened. (I do NOT fit the description of the suspect before some smartass asks...) :laugh:

He's lucky he didn't get his ass kicked right good for him. Place must have been about empty.

That sure beats the time someone walked into the Citibank here, handed the teller a note that says "give me the money" and walked out with the money, without ever flashing any weapon of any type. Something like seven or eight months later, he was arrested in Bakersfield (about two hours away).

As Ohios new official slogan is NO GUNS!, almost (if not all) money facilities slogan is Hand the Cash Over, we'll get the feds to print more.

More guns & fewer easy robberies would slow this trend.

The clerk didn't just level his own gun at the guy???

I doubt he packs, but if there had been 10 rednecks standing about as is usually the case, 7 of them would have been. Now, are they legally packing? Couldn't tell ya. That wouldn't be likely to stop 'em though.

Back