Curious George is evil

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
from tonguetied.us

The San Francisco Chronicle identifies an evil new influence on America's children: Curious George.

Just in time for the release of the new Curious George movie, the Chronicle informs us of the "minefield of cultural horrors" awaiting parents who take their kids to the movie or continue reading the books to their kids before bedtime. The books are described as everything from irresponsible to sickening by anti-George forces.

One animal rights website cited by the paper says the books reveal "the sinister side of a corrupt wildlife trade with perilous roots in Western imperialism ... The forlorn little primate alone in his cell conjures haunting images of countless monkeys lingering in laboratories, suffering silently and alone."

The caucasian, gun-toting Man with the Yellow Hat is described as an imperialist venturing to Africa to harvest wildlife for a zoo. He's a bad parent to boot for allowing his prisoner to smoke a pipe and huff ether.

**end**

Umm...yeah. Y'all go right on ahead. Tear this piece of Hollywood filth to pieces. I mean really give it your undivided attention. It keeps you off my flag. :lloyd:

Um, OK, just let the kids watch TV.
OH WAIT....that's just as bad or worse....
The internet....? nope can't go there either....
Look out Elmer, that Bugs has his gang protecting his back now....

I'll be taking my kids to see it on the upcoming school holiday.
And what is exactly wrong with portraying the man with the yellow hat as a Imperialist venturing to Africa to harvest wildlife to a zoo...I mean, that's pretty accurate :shrug:

As near as I can figure, you're never supposed to expose anyone, anywhere to anything with any kind of negative connotation. We're supposed to become a race of ostriches, I guess.

We own several of the books, and read them frequently. If the Sanny Franny paper says it's evil, I take that as an excellent indicator that it's worthwhile.

By todays standards (and we all know how I feel about those) some of the books are a bit questionable, I suppose. I'll bet you a dollar the movie's not though. :shrug:

Guess I better put away the draft for my new book "Curious George and the High Voltage Electric Fence"... :D

Gato_Solo said:
Guess I better put away the draft for my new book "Curious George and the High Voltage Electric Fence"... :D
You'll have PETA on your ass for cruelty to imaginary animals. :lloyd:

Saw it. It was okay, kids loved it. I so don't get how The man in the yellow hat was some great white hunter. I found him to be a great white idiot and little more. The monkey is adorable, though.

Cute movie... looked great... had just enough adult jokes in it to keep me interested. Waaay better than Madagascar. Fab animation.

george7.gif

Curious George is my hero!!!

Back