Dangerous Curves

Cerise

:wink2:

But a cool-looking poster:

poster2005.jpg

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/dragon.html

:hug:
Has anybody been on it? It would be a nice road to cruise but it looks like it gets a little crowded at times....

IMG_8120.jpg

http://www.tailofthedragon.com/dragon_trucks.html

Gotta love that adrenaline buzz :licklips:

Actually, they probably are only allowed during certain hours and only if they are making a delivery one that road to to a road thats only access point is via that road.

I think it's a federal highway, and I have nothing against tractor-trailers, but it is a little tight---I can't imagine a driver wanting to take a rig through it...

cominatu.jpg

trk_vs_miata.jpg

But I love the way it looks like this:

021803a_snow.jpg

Has anybody been on it? It would be a nice road to cruise but it looks like it gets a little crowded at times....

Yes I have, but you can't go fast enough to make it entertaining for very long (cruising is evidently not my thing). Very pretty though. That's it's own reward.

666 from Safford to Alpine in AZ is like that only it's about 60 miles of it. Not too far out of Safford it goes around the edge of an open pit copper mine in Morenci (might be Clifton, they're right there together).

I've never had my knees touch pavement on the street, but roads like that make me wanna. Hell, I'm probably so far out of practice I'd crash the first time I tried.

You should drive the federal road through Tierra Caliente in my state. That sure is a lot of curves.

Live near it, been on it, got over it.

Twisty curvy mountain roads are the norm around here. They're what I learned to drive on. The dragon is popular with fools on crotch rockets destined to become organ donors. Sane folk usually avoid it.

I can take you on a dozen roads more scenic, more challenging, and more fun than Deal's Gap.

Why are semis allowed on that road if they have to take the curves that wide?

Because peopole still want thier crap & thier crap comes on trucks.

I've been on similar roads many times. Loads of fun. :rolleyes:

I live in Nebraska, some people would call it a monotonous expanse of prairie to get through as fast as possible (actually I like the look) ---but the only winding roads I've seen are in some of the state parks.

But that poster is still kinda cool...

Back