dental technology???

nalani

I just sunk $1200 into one tooth ... I was at the dentist no more than two weeks ago ... the other day, the gum area right under the tooth right next to the $1200 tooth started to hurt - an abcess, I suspect ... so, my question is .. with all the technology we're afforded, and with the bite wings taken less than two weeks ago, why couldn't they see an infection coming? Does an abcess just appear like that?

toldja they were Evil Spawns of Satan bastards .... :(

in a nutshell? ... yes. The mouth is the right moisture, temperature, and food source against rather soft and thin skin. It makes for an easy infection explosion.

..with one exception. The Ph of the saliva keeps it rather subdued. The trouble starts when an infection slips under the gumline and away from the defenses. Gums, vessels, lymphatic system ... all at risk to a degree.

maybe you should switch dentists ... are you still going to sutton? maybe you need another dentist who can diagnose the problem better.

as it turns out, the root may be fractured ... now, how the hell did I manage that? :eek:

so, I sit here and await their phone call to see if I can be squeezed in for endodontic surgery .... bastards ...

so, I'm on 300mg of Clyndomyacin 4 times a day ... and I feel sick to my stomach :( .... and the Vicodin didn't do shit but make me feel like crap the next morning - and still in pain ...

Dentures are looking better and better ....

Back