detailed

kuulani

We just picked up my boyfriend's jeep from getting detailed. Wow, they work miracles!! Before, I wouldn't step foot in his car, it was that disgusting. Now I'm willing to let him use my truck so I can drive his :D

yup, it's all shiny and pretty. i even got inspired to have my truck estimated for detailing too ... $80, inside and out. not bad, watcha think?

the lady said his jeep traumatized them - deeply-embedded carpet stains, mildew in the interior, roach infestation, mud caked everywhere, etc ... :eek: we dropped his jeep off 8am thursday morning, and it was finally ready by lunch on friday.

$80?! Over here it would cost you $25 for a outside wash/undercarriage/tires/vacuum inside/armorall everything.

Really? The average price here is about $80. I guess that's the price of living in Hawaii. The mess of my boyfriend's jeep pushed up the price to $100. Another detail shop charged my mom-in-law about $80 too for her truck.

I guess I could always go through the carwash at Chevron for $5 - undercarriage wash and everything :D

A proper detail isnt someone showing up in a car and giving your vehicle a half assed once over with a vaccum and a dry wash with a little goop on the tires. A proper detail job is time consuming and detailed and takes all GD day and involves qtips and toothbrushes and at least 2 washes and 2 coats of wax. There are umpteen chemicals used in the process and is all done indoors. Any operation that does it in the direct sun is bs. The washes and waxes dont work properly when the car is 130 degrees on the surface.

Also, Engine cleaning is a must. Hopefully they are good enough to goop up and paint over little paint nicks and stuff.

I've had the $25 "college student" detail done before, and it looks pretty damn nice. Never splurged for the all out detail... if I want to get my car that clean, I do it myself. I wouldn't trust anyone else to start taking things apart in my car just to clean (and that's what it would take for me to consider it a 100% detail).

Back