Dice-K

Dave

Red Sox sign Daisuke Matsuzaka
well, they did it. 6 years $52 million with another $51.2 million going to his old team as compensation.
a non-profit group that promotes international tourism to Boston is even estimating an addition $75 million coming into the city from Japanese fans visiting to watch him play. according to the group, 31,000 Japanese tourists visited Boston last year. they are anticipating an additional 20,000 this year based on the spike of tourists that visited Seattle after they signed Ichiro Suzuki.
the announcement drew around 300 media types from both countries.
i just hope the Baseball gods keep smiling on him. all this hype and he hasnt even pitched a single game here yet.

Inkara1

I liked how he basically told his agent, Scott "that's not enough blood from that stone" Boras to go ahead with the deal even though Boras wanted more money... which, of course, would mean a bigger cut for him as well.

I just hope the Rangers get the Barry Zito deal done. We might also get MArk Mulder once he comes back from his injury... that would help a lot. It would be funny if we were to then trade for Tim Hudson and then thumb our collective noses at Oakland.

unclehobart

I just never saw the need to give a pitcher so much money. He only plays in every fourth game. I would spend my big bucks on serious slugging talent. At least they will end up playing in every game.

I can just imagine a team fielding a speedy single hitter in the one slot with a obscene onbase % followed by 4 40/40 demons.

If I had to spend money on pitching, I would do it on a pair of closers. At least they would see more action.

rrfield

if this andrew dice clay guy is all hes cracked up to be, the bosox will have quite the rotation!

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I just never saw the need to give a pitcher so much money. He only plays in every fourth game. I would spend my big bucks on serious slugging talent. At least they will end up playing in every game.

I can just imagine a team fielding a speedy single hitter in the one slot with a obscene onbase % followed by 4 40/40 demons.

If I had to spend money on pitching, I would do it on a pair of closers. At least they would see more action.

See Rangers, Texas, 1978-present.

unclehobart

Are you actually saying that the Rangers had a bevvy of decent closers to rely upon?

I'm saying 'cause I dunno their lineup. I only give half an eye to AL teams.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
No, I'm saying they had a speedster at leadoff and marauders hitting 2-7. They won precisely one playoff game. Hence my eternal plea for them to investigate the possibility of maybe signing, oh I dunno, a PITCHER!!!!

unclehobart

Considering that neither of them made it to the championship, I dare say they have to catch up to their own hype first.

rrfield

sportscenter said:
yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox terrell owens yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox yankees bosox