Did someone say Pot!?!?

Mare

Pot Grow House Bust

Lehigh Acres -

A single family home in a rural Lehigh Acres community was home to an elaborate drug operation. The CLEAN Task Force, an agency made up of local officers raided the home.

Every room was filled with marijuana plants and supplies to grow them. There were heating lamps and tubs filled with fertilizer. Pipes brought the nutrients from the tubs to the plants. There were plants in the 3 bedrooms and 2 closets.

The garage looked more like a greenhouse. There were heating lamps to help the plants grow but a cooling system to keep them from dying.

Officers say the growers even had a system to steal electricity before it got to the meter. If it got to the meter, officers may have thought something suspicious was going on because of all the power being used.

There were also guns, large sums of cash and pot paraphernalia in the house.

Officers are trying to track down the growers. They confiscated more than 200 plants and nearly a half million dollars worth of pot.

n when you work at a place where your pay has been frozen now for 6 years what do you suggest other than finding a different job. After 28 years at a place it is rough.

yeah..I don't understand how if it's on YOUR side of the meter, how it can be stealling..?? :confused:

Professur said:
wasn't on their side of the meter.
oh, ok I reread it. The way it's worded, it's sounded to me like they
had something on the other side that was fixing the numbers or something.

You wanna hear a real redneck story....
A former friend of mine, back in my really wilder days...Got his meter pulled,
and he hooked up car battery jumper cables to the pole. I think he got by
with it for about 2 months before they totally disconnected it from the main
pole on the street, and it was clearly visible from the road. :lol2:

catocom said:
A former friend of mine, back in my really wilder days...Got his meter pulled,
and he hooked up car battery jumper cables to the pole. I think he got by
with it for about 2 months before they totally disconnected it from the main
pole on the street, and it was clearly visible from the road. :lol2:

I've seen that too, even saw three trailers running off an Interstate billboard.

The police only use excessive electricity use as one method amongst many to nab growers. The most effective one I've seen is just flying around at night with a thermal camera and looking for houses and basement windows that give off 'sauna-esque' heat blooms. Its usually a dead giveaway.

I thought I read somewhere this was decided to be unconstitutional? I'm not going to research that right now since I'm at work :)

The other night, the food delivery guy got a look at my orchidarium and started asking me all sorts of specific questions like how hot the fluorescents were, the humidity, etc. When I asked him if he grew orchids, he said nah. I grow *other* types of plants and grinned.

I didn't give him a tip. He'd just smoke it anyway. ;)

Racist? According to my current caseload, people of [Jack Nicholson in Easy Rider]alllllll wallllks of liiiife[/Jack] smoke reefer.

unclehobart said:
The police only use excessive electricity use as one method amongst many to nab growers. The most effective one I've seen is just flying around at night with a thermal camera and looking for houses and basement windows that give off 'sauna-esque' heat blooms. Its usually a dead giveaway.

Because of privacy rights here,the BC Hydro is not allowed to inform police if someone is using an unusual amount of electricity.

I still like the pot operation in the old brewery in Leslie's neck of the woods was funnier. :D

Molson Cannabian.

Cannabian1.jpg

Back