disney discussion group

kuulani

as a mother of 2 small children, i watch disney cartoons ALL day long.
here is my first thought:

little mermaid: king triton hates on humans for being fish-eaters. well, what the hell do fish eat?

He's just ticked because someone is muscling in on his fishing beds ... or theres a modern mamby-pamby PC explanation where they probably just eat seaweed or coral or something.

kuulani said:
as a mother of 2 small children, i watch disney cartoons ALL day long.

I know The Lion King by heart. Had it played quite possibly 500 times.

My son, in diapers, had a plastic hammer & would walk thru the house singing the Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs song...his take was "I'm Home" (instead of Hi-Ho)

The Little Mermaid is still my all-time favorite Disney movie. I have two songs from it in my mp3 list, always. (Part of Your World and a dance remix of Kiss the Girl)

I've been trying to find a still of the shot of Ursula's home, a rosy conch shell. Even the first time I saw it, the first thing I thought of was a vagina.

I'm quite partial to Toy Story! We just watched sharktales and I think we have a winner..... :D

greenfreak said:
I've been trying to find a still of the shot of Ursula's home, a rosy conch shell. Even the first time I saw it, the first thing I thought of was a vagina.

Don't forget the penises on Triton's castle :brow:

tonksy said:
ku'u? do you so hate the lilo ans stitch cartoon series or what?

I hate Lilo & Stitch. Maybe I'm too sensitive, but I hate the fact that Hawaiians are portrayed as welfare cases.

& why name a girl "Lilo"? "Lilo" means "lost".

kuulani said:
I hate Lilo & Stitch. Maybe I'm too sensitive, but I hate the fact that Hawaiians are portrayed as welfare cases.

& why name a girl "Lilo"? "Lilo" means "lost".

I'm right there with you. The Beverly Hillbillies is forbidden in my home. I got yer friggin' "see-ment pond" hangin'.

Back