Display help.

IDLEchild

I decided to update my drivers for my graphic card. After getting the new set of drivers from nvidia and rebooting the system the colors went dull.....the brightest red now shows up a dull red.....the screen looks pale. I decide to roll back the drivers to the previous one and reboot the system and the colors are still dull....what gives? Is there anyway to sharpen the colors manually? I tried to see if there was anyway through the nview amanager but nope...no such thing...

any help appreciated. Thanks.

Have you checked the settings on the display? You know, the ones you configure on the actual display with those nifty little buttons... Your brightness/contrast might be fucked up.

Have you checked your display settings? (i.e. 256 colors, 16 bit color, etc.)

Also, where you change those settings, look under advanced, make sure it lists the correct adapter and monitor, and that the refresh rate is correct.

just another note....
you might want to check, or upgrade directx.
Sometimes on those new drivers, it installs an older ver of directx
on top of a newer version you might have.

I tried all those 3 but the problem turned out to be that the new drivers set the color to default settings overriding my custom settings. It is odd because driver updates have never done that before without my permission. The new driver, however, has this nifty new DCV (Digital Color Vibrance) that lets you set the brightness and vibrance of the color which all the previous drivers lacked.

Problem solved but thank you for those who cared to help.

Back