does my car question go in here?

kuulani

soooooo ... what's an exhaust manifold, and should it bother me that mine is cracked?

*wishes i could magically dish up the $600+ that the auto shop is estimating for the parts*

It could cause some problems. Not that it will break down or anything, but there could be some exhaust that gets into the vehicle from the engine area. The exhaust manifold is the piece that connects the engine to the muffler and tailpipe, If it's not a real new vehicle, or if you're really strapped for cash, you might see about having it welded.

PT is right . . . exhaust leaks under the hood are BAD news. If you're lucky, they will be able to weld the crack.

Note that cold air being sucked back in could crack a valve as well, then you'd be looking at a much higher repair bill.

No ma'am, a mechanics wifes car is the worst running on the block. You should have married a rich guy so you could afford a mechanic, or even better, a car that doesn't need work.

Gonz said:
No ma'am, a mechanics wifes car is the worst running on the block. You should have married a rich guy so you could afford a mechanic, or even better, a car that doesn't need work.

I think that's called feet. :lol2:

Back