DOH!!

Professur

I just received the service call

Problem Description :
A heavy shelve fell on the laptop and crushed it.
It doesnt boot anymore.
Screen is cracked, hard drive and motherboard are most probably dead too.
It is making a lot of mechanical noise,

Thank you

Gee, I wonder what the odds are of me getting this one back up and running are?

I see the same deal with cell phones. People who drop it in the water, panic and try to turn it on tend to have dead cell phones. People who drop it in the water and give them a few days to dry out before trying to turn them back on tend to have working cell phones.

You can probably save the RAM and then build up the $1500 laptop back up with $4000 in off the shelf replacement parts ... plus labor.

unclehobart said:
You can probably save the RAM and then build up the $1500 laptop back up with $4000 in off the shelf replacement parts ... plus labor.

Oh, no, my friend. This customer has an inventory of ruined machines with us. I've at least 150 of this model that I've already pillaged for parts, and are now complete machines with not a single working piece in the entire kit. Customer won't even buy new batteries. This puppy's going right into the "nothing usable" bin.

Inkara1 said:
I see the same deal with cell phones. People who drop it in the water, panic and try to turn it on tend to have dead cell phones. People who drop it in the water and give them a few days to dry out before trying to turn them back on tend to have working cell phones.

My Samsung A540 is back up and running,the on/off doesn't work ,but everthing else is working great. :swing: Surprised me because it was quite dead for several days after the wife dropped it in water and didn't turn it off .When she finally handed it to me after several hours of being on ,it was beeping and showing "emergency " on the display.

Professur said:
Oh, no, my friend. This customer has an inventory of ruined machines with us.

But is he 'profitable'. Gotta be makin' money since they
keep trashin' stuff, right?

Back