Doing my duty

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
As the man of the house, it is now my obligation to go forth & spend. We, the real men of the USA, wait until December 24th to venture out & purchase our loyal spouse a precious little dobble.

Instead of spreading the nonsense out over 20, 30, 45 days, we do it in a couple of hours. Granted, we can't pass up a bargain, so I already picked up her annual vacuum cleaner & cooking utensils, as I was at the store in search of goodies for me. :D

Wish them luck. They'll need it.

Gonz said:
As the man of the house, it is now my obligation to go forth & spend. We, the real men of the USA, wait until December 24th to venture out & purchase our loyal spouse a precious little dobble.

Instead of spreading the nonsense out over 20, 30, 45 days, we do it in a couple of hours. Granted, we can't pass up a bargain, so I already picked up her annual vacuum cleaner & cooking utensils, as I was at the store in search of goodies for me. :D

Wish them luck. They'll need it.
Guess I'm not a Real man anymore. :mope:
We cripples have to do it a little early, or we get run over. :crutch:
I did mine about 3 days ago, and it was bad enough.
Also, I don't "shop" when it comes to Christmas...I know pretty much
what I'm going after, get it, and get out. :swing:
My mom is finishing up on the stocking stuffer stuff today at a closer "dollar General",
but forget going to town...
I thought I was going to get shot at Best Buy, getting that cable modem the other day. :eek13:

All my "shopping" was done last month from Ebay and Newegg, all wrapped and ready to put under the tree tonight...

Boy, look at all the slackers. My shopping was done on December 26th, 2004. As for Mrs Gonz, I sure hope she requested those types of objects, or Mr Gonz may not be posting here on December 26th...:D

Wifey Poo kins and Son (18)
just left for Tucson (120 miles)
to have X-Mas with her family
I've too work today and tomorrow
Merry Christmas\Happy New Year!

Gato_Solo said:
Boy, look at all the slackers. My shopping was done on December 26th, 2004. As for Mrs Gonz, I sure hope she requested those types of objects, or Mr Gonz may not be posting here on December 26th...:D
Well, I'm not as good as Gato, but I have been done since before Thanksgiving.

I was away for work all week so I finished up the weekend before I left. I usually go around the 22nd or 23rd.

I've been done for a few weeks, wrapped since Thursday.

I wish I'd discovered the automatic vacuums a little earlier because I SO would have asked for one...

This type of deal: http://www.irobotstore.com (check out the vacuuming robots)

i only buy stuff for her and i usually do it close to the last minute. usually takes that long before she doles out enough hints on what she wants for a cement-head like myself to figure out.
she buys for the rest of the family. shes a natural born shopper.

Spot said:
i only buy stuff for her and i usually do it close to the last minute. usually takes that long before she doles out enough hints on what she wants for a cement-head like myself to figure out.
she buys for the rest of the family. shes a natural born shopper.
My wife has learned that men don't take hints. She usually points stuff out. "You could get me that, or that..."

Winky said:
Got cha both beat
I ain't gettin' no one nuthin'

Jewboi

Winky said:
Wifey Poo kins and Son (18)
just left for Tucson (120 miles)
to have X-Mas with her family
I've too work today and tomorrow
Merry Christmas\Happy New Year!

Being Jewish has its drawbacks ;)

Whassamatta Gato? You get yerself one of them wimmins that thinks vacuums & mixers are beneath 'em? My Mrs worships the ground I walk on & finds all the helpful housewife gadgets are outstanding timesavers & wonderfully thoughtful gifts.

oh crap, here she comes, I gotta post this unfinished...she might show me her ti....hi honey

chcr said:
My wife has learned that men don't take hints. She usually points stuff out. "You could get me that, or that..."
either she hasnt figured that out yet, or she just enjoys torturing me.

tonksy said:
But Spot...don't you usually buy jewelry? Why should she want to depart from the norm?

To keep the man down. Why does any woman do stuff like that? :lloyd:

My dad always did his shopping at the last minute...and I was usually there with him...helping him get all my mom's gifts (ie waiting in line at one store to buy one thing while he waited in line at another to buy something else...OI VAY)

Rusty is usually done a week before Christmas. This year he finished on Thursday but only because he had misunderstood the arrangement we had about our dollar-limit. He went out scrambling for "last minute" presents.

But he bought me the Monty Python and The Holy Grail Extended DVD set so he didn't do that bad. :D

I used to do the Christmas Eve thing. After last year, when I damned near ended up on a water tower with a scoped rifle, I decided never again.

I was done (wrapping and all) last weekend.

Back