Don't lie to your kids

unclehobart said:
I have a painting from this kid: http://www.dantelambart.com/

Sorry, but to me anyone can do abstract art...sometimes I think I should buy some paint, splash them on some canvas and sell them to artsie fartsies to ponder and make enough cash to finish my education and pay off my student loans and then build building and bridges that will boggle the very same artsies because of the USEFULNESS of the structures. Don't get me wrong...abstract art is pretty...but I don't think it's a talent like being able to paint real like things that actually LOOK like real life things. Also, I think people waste WAY to much time trying to figure out the "meaning" of things...[/end rant]

Nixy said:
Sorry, but to me anyone can do abstract art...sometimes I think I should buy some paint, splash them on some canvas and sell them to artsie fartsies to ponder and make enough cash to finish my education and pay off my student loans and then build building and bridges that will boggle the very same artsies because of the USEFULNESS of the structures. Don't get me wrong...abstract art is pretty...but I don't think it's a talent like being able to paint real like things that actually LOOK like real life things. Also, I think people waste WAY to much time trying to figure out the "meaning" of things...[/end rant]
marlowe says that painting is "ugly" because "it's scribble scrabble".
i kinda like it, it's interesting to me to try and imagine what the child was imagining when he did it.

tonksy said:
marlowe says that painting is "ugly" because "it's scribble scrabble".
i kinda like it, it's interesting to me to try and imagine what the child was imagining when he did it.

That girl is gonna be an engineer she is :swing:

Tell me when she starts admiring bridges and the like :D Whenever I see a sexy bridge I say "Be still my beating heart" and Chris laughs at me :D

tonksy said:
so should chris buy underwear with bridges on them to entice you for a romantic evening?

Well, not that he needs help in that department...but it definately wouldn't hurt :D

Nixy said:
Sorry, but to me anyone can do abstract art...

The difference between Nixy the Artist & Jackson Pollock is about a hundred million dollars worth of PR.

Question is:
have you kept on doin' it since?

Inquiring mindlessness wants to know!

Back