Down the rabbit hole

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The Federal Communications Commission is expected to announce plans next week for regulations that would forbid internet service providers from blocking or favouring content online.

The so-called “net neutrality” rules could be passed by the commission as early as December 15. The move would fulfil a campaign promise by President Barack Obama and infuriate the new Republican majority on Capitol Hill, which has said it would oppose the plan, but would have little power to stop it.

Just wait for the unintended consequences

The Federal Communications Commission is expected to announce plans next week for regulations that would forbid internet service providers from blocking or favouring content online.

That sounds like only one regulation to me.
If that's all it is, I don't see a problem, however, I don't think that's ALL it is.

I'd like to actually see what's in the bill Before they pass it.

yup...clicked on it and it asked me to register. when i opted out, brought me to the home page.

gee gonz, would you fill us in on what those unintended consequences might be?

Gee mink, if we knew what they are, we could call them intended consequences. I've read several things on this a while back...I don't recall all the arguments but I'll start off small...just as soon as one rule is made, a hundred more follow.

Dave...dunno, it worked yesterday (and I'm now getting the same run around)

Gee mink, if we knew what they are, we could call them intended consequences. I've read several things on this a while back...I don't recall all the arguments but I'll start off small...just as soon as one rule is made, a hundred more follow.

fuck yeah! no rules at all! mayhem in the streets! fuck community standards of fairness and access!

Pick one.

Community Standards

or

Federal Regulations

community standards become law. that's been your thing about gay marriage for a while now. sounds like you're the one who needs to decide between the two. or not.

community standards become law. that's been your thing about gay marriage for a while now. sounds like you're the one who needs to decide between the two. or not.

Sometimes. The difference is, you can move away from Hind-licker Wisconsin & it's laws. However, in Rotten Pussy IA, they like thatsort of thing. Federal laws suck.

Back