Dream Homes

Must be something wrong with it, as the reserve is less than 1/3 the construction price...10 minutes from the airport...hmmm...could that be it? :D

Gato_Solo said:
Must be something wrong with it, as the reserve is less than 1/3 the construction price...10 minutes from the airport...hmmm...could that be it? :D

I've been following this auction company's listings for a couple of years, and have noticed that most of the properties list an unusually low reserve, but they often sell for 2-3 times that. I'm not familiar enough with real estate auction methodology to understand why . . . if anybody knows, please enlighten. :cool:

Generally, its not home owners that auction it off.
Banks, morgage co's. and the gov't.

once possesion is taken they get the most they can for it. Either the debtor owes the rest, some form of insurance pays the rest or they write it off.

If its tax fault, they come off big.

ResearchMonkey said:
Generally, its not home owners that auction it off.
Banks, morgage co's. and the gov't.

once possesion is taken they get the most they can for it. Either the debtor owes the rest, some form of insurance pays the rest or they write it off.

If its tax fault, they come off big.

Good point - I didn't look at it from that angle. :lloyd:

Stop Laughing said:
Hey, I'm 10 minutes from the airport... by foot. By car, forget it. :D

As somebody who's lived 10 minutes from an active flightline on an airport for approximately 15 years, I can say, with authority, that the noise can be quite debilitating to one's sleeping patterns. Especially when the 'heavies' drop by...:grinyes: *is extrememly grateful for those large-sized 'Jersey barriers' here in his undisclosed location*

*is even more extremely grateful he's not in a flight path and has soundproof windows anyways*

I'm SE of the airport, all the flights go straight in each compass heading, leaving us in a nice cozy quiet corner.

aquarium.jpg.jpg

beautiful!

Back