drink your sodas and get alzheimer's

2minkey

bootlicker
this article discusses some correlation between lower levels of the hormone leptin and higher incidence of alzheimer's.

it's not well known that high fructose corn syrup is a leptin inhibitor, but there's good research showing such a mechanism.

i wonder if two and two will be put together?

meh, probably not. too many folks out there that just wanna eat and drink what they want to and not think about it too much. so then we can make a clean transition from a nation of fat slobs to a nation of demented fat slobs. super.

I drink maybe a 12 pack of soda a year. We try to stay as natural as possible, we believe modern chemicals and processed food are just too much for the body.

Interesting.
Haven't seen too many demented fat slobs (as it was so eloquently put ;) ) as other diseases tend to take them before dementia sets in. The wildest ones with dementia are the tiny little old ladies that weigh somewheres about 100 lbs. They can be a handful.

Aluminum accumulation in the brain has been linked to Alzheimer's as well. Drinking pop from cans can attribute to this due to the acid.

I hear you 'bout aluminium. ;)

Wo ho what I wanna know......does a cell phone influence how a brain cell fires or mis-fires? I mean, seriously: those darn synapses, anyway. :shrug:

So what's wrong with Alzheimers? You don't have a care in the world and every day you wake up and meet all new people.

So what's wrong with Alzheimers? You don't have a care in the world and every day you wake up and meet all new people.

totally dude. you just keep washing them downer cattle patties down with your pepsi and you'll live that dream.

yes. and i thought it was pretty weak considering that both michael pollan and eric schlosser were involved.

Did you see the The Future of Food as well? I thought it made a stronger case. I just created a thread with the link to the documentary. Enjoy!

I heard about this. It's too late for my Nana (she died a couple of years ago), but someone else's nana can benefit, as well as all of us who will some day be in that position.

The health insurance company would not pay for her drugs (not on the allowable list of prescriptions). They were so expensive.

Back