Dubya

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I'm still unsure of Georgey. I loathe him less than his predecessor, by far. I don't think he's the dunce the press & many of his foes make him out to be nor do I think he' the evil oil baron some portray. He's better to listen to than look at...he looks like a crazed killer on the tube.

This obvious propaganda piece, not written by Gonzo Propaganda nor endorsed by Gonzo Propaganda does give me a littel more hope about him.

It's widely assumed that one reason Bush wants to rid the world of Saddam Hussein is to complete the mission his father, former president George Bush, began in 1991. The senior Bush led a coalition to eject Iraqi troops that had invaded Kuwait, but knowing that the U.N.-backed alliance was formed solely to liberate the country, he decided against going on to Baghdad to remove Saddam from power. People who know both men say this war isn't about vengeance. ''It's not personal,'' one Bush aide says.

Rather, the president's passion is motivated by his loathing for Saddam's brutality, aides say. He talks often about his revulsion for Saddam's use of torture, rape and executions. He is convinced that the Iraqi leader is literally insane and would gladly give terrorists weapons to use to launch another attack on the United States.

The thought of another assault on the United States horrifies Bush. Aides say he believes history and heaven will judge him by his ability to prevent one.

Officials don't want Saddam's fate to become the only measure of the war's success. They realize now that it was a mistake in the early days after the Sept. 11 attacks to make al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden the embodiment of the war on terrorism.

USA Today

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Indeed. A fine American from a fine American family deeply drenched in truth justice and the American way....... :rolleyes:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Squiggy said:
deeply drenched in truth justice and the American way.......

Gotta make my job fun doncha :D

tanks31.jpg

chcr

Too cute for words
Indeed. A fine American from a fine American family deeply drenched in truth justice and the American way.......
You do remember that Dad was once head of the CIA?

unclehobart

I was hoping for something with a little more retro charm... like an oil canvas representation of the Boxer Rebellion.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
It's fairly well known that Prescott Bush, George W.'s grandfather, and George Herbert Walker, George W's maternal grandfather

The sins of the father...are you Klingon or something? :p

( do have to wonder about the maternal grandfather thing with the name though)