Dvorak keyboard

Jeslek

Banned
Anyone know of any good dvorak keyboards? I was thinking of buying a second MS keyboard and then hard swapping the keys and selecting US Dvorak Keyboard in Windows XP. Any suggestions appreciated.

Here is the Dvorak layout:
http://www.mwbrooks.com/dvorak/layout.html

layout.gif

:headbang:

Sorry I don't have an answer for you. That layout would really mess my typing ability up such as it is. :eek:

I wonder where the ñ would be located in a dvorak keyboard :confuse3:

I haven't seen a single dvorak computer keyboard, i have seen typing machines (old, over 20 years old), but no keyboards.

man, that would be damn confusing...can you imagine the spelling mistakes i would make with that! :D

Originally posted by Stop Laughing
Jtrgku ,gkj kjd H.siav patsfk g; ksfuj!

SVw ls, ;smdsld dp;d kot gke

;)

Hypitg with the Dvocak layout is tough!
OK, low someone else try it.

Hehehe, typos.

Was the Dvorak keyboard made to slow down people who got too fast on the qwerty keyboard, just as the qwerty keyboard was introduced to slow down people who got to typing so fast on old typewriters with the "abcdefg" keyboard layout that the things that would strike the paper to type a letter would jam?

No, the Dvorak keyboard was specifically designed to speed up the typing, i believe the name of guy who made it, made lexical studies on words and based on that he made a keyboard that will exchange from hand to hand and from finger to finger.

Pay attention on how you write, you will find that most of the job is done by your left hand. Suppodsely that shouldn't happen in a dvorak layout.

No, the Dvorak keyboard was specifically designed to speed up the typing, i believe the name of guy who made it, made lexical studies on words and based on that he made a keyboard that will exchange from hand to hand and from finger to finger.

So, are you saying that the qwerty keyboard is left-handed and that a dvorak keyboard is more ambidextrous?

I'm saying that the qwerty keyboard has a poorer design when compared to the dvorak.

The Dvorak layout is also much better for one-handed typing. It's not unusual to be able to type 70wpm with one hand on those suckers.

And yes, typing on a Dvorak is much faster. Once you get used to it, you should be able to double your wpm compared with a qwerty.

Back