Edmonton vs. Toronto

POStech

I went to an Edmonton Oiler game last night and couldn't believe how cheep it was.

First was parking, only $8 in Toronto parking is $25.
Second was the ticket price. $60.25 for a seat 18 row up from the ice. In Toronto there is now way you would be able to get a ticket 20 minutes before game time. Also there were 3 empty seats in front of me. In Edmonton single tickets are half price as of noon on game day. So I got to sit 18 rows up for a total cost of $68.25! In Toronto it would have been at least $160. Guess that why we have a tv channel just for the Leafs! Here in Edmonton some of their games are PPV.

BTY Edmonton beat the Blues 6-2.

The company I work for does IT support at the Air Canada Centre so we get our parking paid for. A couple weeks ago I was working there for the Elton John concert and parking was $35!!! $25 is the average. Parking in Toronto is just expencive all around. For two days at the air port it cost $72.

The Canadian healthcare system is gonna get paid for, no matter what, huh. If you drive, they get you on fuel tax. If you park they get you on parking.

i dont think thats a tax, its good ol' Capitalism.
I have a square piece of land. You can rent it for 3 hours. $25.

yeah, that's probably true. I try to find the spots in some dude's lawn first though. Possible around Wrigley and the Metrodome, almost impossible around Soldier Field. RCA Dome has free parking available if you know downtown Indianapolis well enough.

Back