egg nog

i always wondered...

what is egg nog??

is it just an american thing, or some international joke that i'm not in on??

egg nog is quite tasty. wouldn't recommend it if your on a diet though. very rich.
makes the perfect mixer too. goes with almost anything.

Spot said:
egg nog is quite tasty. wouldn't recommend it if your on a diet though. very rich.
makes the perfect mixer too. goes with almost anything.

milk and eggs the perfect mixer... i'll have to take your word on that one, colour me unconvinced :)

I think I've had it once, can't recall for certain. For some reason I always thought it was a British thing... :eh:

I'm so gonna try that. I'll have to wait till I get back to uni tho. My mum would go ballistic if she saw me eating raw eggs.:D

lol you don't actually taste the raw eggs, it's mixed in to a thick milky liquid. My Dad used to make it every year, with rum, and it was always great. Very thick too, I could only drink one glass, it would fill me up.

CenturionStrategy said:
My mum would go ballistic if she saw me eating raw eggs.:D

grr i don't want you eating raw eggs either :p

anyway, what's the punch situation looking like for new year? we should do something...

(/me goes to post a new thread...)

/me already posted in new thread.

I remember making punch at our house party. It was quite nice if I remember correctly...

I think the best thing to do would be a whopping sex on the beach - Loads of orange juice, a bit less cranberry, and a bit less vodka.

If you're going to do Sex on the Beach and can afford it, put Chambord in instead of Cranberry. It's very sweet, I love the stuff.

eggs, a number of them de-whited;
milk;
vanilla or eggnog-flavored ice cream, cos it's much less cheaper than heavy whipping cream, but works just as well;
vanilla extract;
imitation rum extract;
imitation brandy extract;
whiskey;
pinch of salt;
nutmeg

that's what my daddy makes it from. i help him. it's great fun. this year, i actually drank some! my parents said i could :)

Back