Enviro-terrorists

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
WOODINVILLE, Wash. - Fires gutted four multimillion-dollar model homes in a Seattle suburb on Monday, and authorities found a sign purportedly left by eco-terrorists that mocks claims that the homes were environmentally friendly.

"Built Green? Nope black!" said the spray-painted sign that bore the initials of the radical environmental group Earth Liberation Front.

Explosive devices were found in the homes, and crews were able to remove them, said Fire Chief Rick Eastman of Snohomish County District 7. The FBI was investigating the fires as a potential domestic terrorism act, said FBI spokesman Rich Kolko in Washington, D.C.

<snip>

The ELF, or Earth Liberation Front, is a loosely organized collection of radical environmentalists authorities claim committed other arsons in the Northwest.

A woman is currently trial in Tacoma for a suspected ELF fire at the University of Washington in 2001. Briana Waters, a 32-year-old violin teacher, is accused of serving as a lookout while her friends planted a devastating fire bomb.

The fire is one of the most notorious in a string of arsons that investigators say were perpetrated from the mid-1990s to 2001 by ELF.

Well now. The elitists are rising up against the elitists? What a mess.

This from the same region where somebody was slingin paint on SUVs or some such to protest somebody else's choice of vehicle.

Good thing I'm where I am. I'd be in prison within a month of arriving in the state of Warshinton. I bet the "He needed killin" defense, however warranted, won't fly up yonder.

Five bucks says the homes polluted the air a lot more by burning in the fires than the pollution that would've been caused normally.

ELF was making a statement. I think it said, "if I can't neither can you" but it's a little murky (probably due to the smoke)

Five bucks says the homes polluted the air a lot more by burning in the fires than the pollution that would've been caused normally.

Only if you limit the fire to the houses, and not the surrounding greenery. :p

By the way...do you suppose ELF knew about this? Did they even care?

John McCain, Barack Obama, and Hillary Clinton all promise massive new regulations that will cost trillions of dollars to combat global warming. McCain says that it will be his first task if he wins the presidency. After consulting with Al Gore, Obama feels the problem is so imminent that it is not even really possible to wait until he becomes president.

Ironically, this political unanimity is occurring as global temperatures have been cooling dramatically over the last decade.

Global temperatures have now largely eliminated most of the one degree Celsius warming that had previously occurred over the last 100 years. Hundreds of climate scientists have warned that there is not significant man-made global warming.

A conference in New York on Monday and Tuesday this week will bring 100 scientists together to warn that the there is no man-made global warming crisis.

Yet, we just keep on piling on more and more regulations without asking hard questions about whether they are justified.

I gotcher consensus right here...

I'm wondering if it was really elf, or the contractors couldn't make a profit, so they
are trying for the insurance.

Back