Ethan Frome

FluerVanderloo

Has anyone ever read and/or seen it? I remember reading the book in 11th grade and I loved it, then bought it at my school bookstore for $1.50. I just came back from Barnes & Noble where I special ordered the movie.

If anyone has seen it, is it anything like the book?

I read it in college and loved it as well. I used to enjoy tragic stories of unreconciled love. :rolleyes:

I *may* have seen the movie (if I did, it was probably right after I read it, since it was released in '93, the year I graduated), but don't remember it at all.

Awesome. I'm going to hop in the shower then settle down with my comp, popcorn, and of course the movie. I'll let you know how it is!

:evilcool:

Gimmie your opinions when you're done. For some reason I hit this serious Ethan Frome kick. I've watched it twice again since last night. In some scenes it's really hard to understand what Patricia Arquette is saying with that accent.

Crap, now I'm going to have to buy that book again. I thought I had it, but I only have The Age of Innocence, The House of Mirth (which I don't believe I've ever read), and Roman Fever. When am I going to do all this? :rolleyes:

:p

You know, I never did bother to reread it since this conversation. I'm like that a lot. I get all hot and heavy for an idea, and soon abandon it for another great idea. Fortunately, I tend not to do this with people. :blush:

Back