Etiquette question

Jeslek

Banned
I know how to address royalty, say from England, but what is the etiquette as a foreigner? I know the locals must bow, but I don't recall Bush bowing, so I assume as a foreigner you just respectfully greet them? :confuse2:

All these countries want you to bow or kiss ass. Then there's the Royal Arabs. Watching Rumsfeld bend over as they sat on their asses just pissed me off. Our president, the most powerful man in the world, asks nothing more than a simple handshake. What does that tell you.

Sorry that's off topic.

I won't bow before anyone, and I won't listen to anyone either except the President or someone in authority of my countries.

Hi Queen, here let me shake your hand. :rofl2:

ok something ris and I are discussing... What happens if, IF, William decides to convert to Islam (err "enlightened islam") and decide to marry a Saudi man... what would happen? It is racist and discrimination to force him to abdicate right? Isn't that a violation of some kind of law?

suppose

well first up the daily mail would run a campaign to get this homo-muslim-traitor out of the country, we don't want his sort.

I remember seeing the queen paying her respects to these poor people in the bronx or something, she was in the home of this very large black lady and her six children, anyway it was this little run down place in the slums and as soon as the queen stepped foot in the door this big black lady threw her arms around the queen and hugged her and i'm telling you the look on the queens face was one of horror! It was the funniest damn thing i ever saw! Needless to say not the greeting she had expected or was accustomed to. :laugh:

a dignitary from another country is never supposed to kneel or bow to another dignitary (except in Japan, but that's different)

I personally do not believe all people are born equal, and I would treat royalty different than I would treat nonroyals. And that's because in Hawaii, royalty were likened to gods.

The President of the US is different. Even though he is "the most powerful man", I wouldn't treat him any different than any other nonroyal person.

Back