Etiquitte Question

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
So, I had a delivery from Sears today.

Just had the guys put the stuff in the hallway.

Should I have tipped (I didn't)

They did not have to set it up, the delivery was a week late (I know that is not their fault, and I actually didn't take that into consideration). They just did their jobs, no extra. Is not tipping the right thing to do?

i think it was ok not to tip them, if all they did was bring it. at least, if it were me, i wouldn't have even thought to tip them (but i've noticed that in a lot of situations, tipping is a thing of the past... like, my parents will do it at times it wouldn't have occurred to me to)

i think it was ok not to tip them, if all they did was bring it. at least, if it were me, i wouldn't have even thought to tip them (but i've noticed that in a lot of situations, tipping is a thing of the past... like, my parents will do it at times it wouldn't have occurred to me to)

I usually tip waiters, cabbies, and delivery guys, that is about it.

Tips are a welcome surprise but, nah, tipping is unecessary. OF course, I want whoever started that to be hung drawn & quartered. One gets paid for doing their job.

I never tip retail delivery people. I pay way too much for delivery charges as it is. If they don't like not getting a tip, too bad.
While we are on the subject of tipping, why do people feel compelled to tip the person pouring the coffee at Dunkin Donuts?

I tip in a Restaurant where they come to the table ,but they better be around when my coffee cup is empty or it does affect the amount,15% is on;y for the best service. I also tip for Pizza Delivery ,(my nephew worked as a driver where they didn't get an hourly wage only tips,because they were contracted :rolleyes) I'll never give my business to PizzaHut because of their treatment of their employees.I don't however tip the Heating fuel delivery person or the courier who drops stuff off.

I'd tipped them, provided that they treated the merchandise with care and had a nice attitude.

Do you tip the postman, too? Sears folks...even delivery people...get paid a nice salary for delivering your goods. Tipping is not required. They'll happily take your funds, though, I'm sure...

Tipping- that's a city in China, right?
Seriously, I tip waithumans in restaurants, pizza delivery, etc.
But Sears? The UPS delivery? Come on- they probably earn more than you and have better benefits.

Nice salary is having food on the table.

i've come to realize this more and more, after recently being unemployed for a little and not doing so well during that time. i make less than half what i did at my last job now, but as long as i can pay the bills and feed myself, i'm doing great!

No doubt.

Let's see. You order an appliance from Sears. You actually pay for delivery with the purchase...unless you have your own truck. That delivery charge goes straight to their pockets...and you aren't their only delivery, I'd wager. You figure...10 to 45 minutes to actually get your stuff from their truck its final spot, and calculate that by hourly scale and you'll get my drift. That's just on top of what Sears is paying them. Save that cynicism for something more reasonable. :p

Just because Sears charges you a certain amount for delivery does not mean that is what they are paying their deliverers.

Back