Examiner Finds Man Breathing in Morgue

Professur

RALEIGH, N.C. - A medical examiner studying a body in a morgue was startled when the man took a shallow breath.

Man Taken to Morgue Found Still Breathing
(AP Video)

Emergency medical technicians had declared 29-year-old Larry D. Green dead almost two hours earlier, after he was hit by a car.

Medical examiner J.B. Perdue was called to the accident scene Monday but did not examine Green then. Later, he was documenting Green's injuries when he noticed the man was breathing.

"I had to look twice myself just to make sure it was there, that's how subtle it was," Perdue said.

Green, 29, was taken to Duke University Medical Center in Durham, where he was in critical condition Wednesday.

Several members of the Franklin County emergency medical service have been suspended pending an investigation, said Darnell Batton, the county attorney.

source

And that's why you wouldn't catch me dead in NC.

Spirit said:
Can you imagine if the ME started to slice the guy open?

There would have been blood at the very first slice so they would have stopped. Corpses don't bleed :D

That is freaky! Sometimes when a animal is put to sleep they will take what seems to be a "last breath" or open thier eyes or something, but it is still freaky.

I wonder if that guy is going to sue...

Sue for what? Being dead and recovering?

'I died and these guys expert care in trying to save me had an effect a few hours later! I demand compensation for them saving my life!'

Back