Extreme Makeover Home Edition

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
with Ty :love:

Anyone watch it? I do know that it's just a forum for product placement, but still, I very much enjoy watching it. It's a great tearjerker. I just can't get through an episode without bawling my eyes out. Very cathartic lol.

And then of course it has Ty :love:

You ever catch extreme makeover original for people?

I almost get paralyzed with the giggles because of the bad overacting and wooden reaction retakes... not to mention that almost all of them are psychotic and fragile.

that one just makes me soooooooooo sad for humanity I can't watch it. What a dumbass show that is. And the spouses are all yes make her body over, wtf is up with that?

Professur said:
Crap like that makes me wanna puke.

Indeed.

I was really amused (?) to catch this show once, and when I saw that it was the extreme makeover home edition version of survivor...:rolleyes: :alienhuh: I actually saw them mechanising some bullshit "argument" drama-type thing.

We watch it every now and then. I am just glad that they are finding families that really do need the help and that are nice people and an active part of the community and such.

The basketball coach with the 7 kids who was all alone after his wife died really got t me.

BeardofPants said:
I actually saw them mechanising some bullshit "argument" drama-type thing.

You've just described "every" REALITY show on tv,although they may not be scripted ,you can damn well be sure they are edited to emphasize the confilct/drama and leave out what doesn't suit their(producer's/director's) vision.

" Extreme Makeover Home Edition" is more about the end result for the people IMO.You know its edited to be a tear jerker,but at least something good comes out of it and the people who need it end up with someting they "need/use" .

And as for eyecandy ,I prefer Jenny from "In a fix" :brow:

But that's just it AB, most New Zealand home-shows, and english ones ('make-over' shows) don't try to engineer some bullshit drama. Sure, they play on time constraints, and budget issues, but they don't try to engineer arguments between various parties, ala Survivor. It was very surreal....

I missed the first season, so maybe that's when it was? I haven't seen anything like that on season 2. It's engineered to be as sappy as possible, but I don't see bitching going on.

BeardofPants said:
But that's just it AB, most New Zealand home-shows, and english ones ('make-over' shows) don't try to engineer some bullshit drama. Sure, they play on time constraints, and budget issues, but they don't try to engineer arguments between various parties, ala Survivor. It was very surreal....

Have you ever watched "Groundforce " ,Tommy and the host have a row now and again[edit] that didn't "NEED" to be included.[/edit]

Nope, I hadn't... guess it must be more common than I thought. :mope: I've only seen Trading Spaces, Switching Rooms, those kinda things. I guess the increasing trend is to engineer bullshit drama. :rolleyes:

BeardofPants said:
Nope, I hadn't... guess it must be more common than I thought. :mope: I've only seen Trading Spaces, Switching Rooms, those kinda things. I guess the increasing trend is to engineer bullshit drama. :rolleyes:

...and it all started with dear old MTV and The Real World. Scripted "leiflike" drama, creative editing to make something out of nothing, and the public gobbles it up.

An entire season of one of these shows, including "prize", crew, sets...everything, will cost less than one 30 minute episode of Friends to produce. And we wonder why they shove them down our throats...

The only true reality TV is the news and Sportscenter, and sometimes I wonder about the news.

A.B.Normal said:
Have you ever watched "Groundforce " ,Tommy and the host have a row now and again[edit] that didn't "NEED" to be included.[/edit]

Huzzah Groundforce!

I do prefer Changing Rooms, though. Handy Andy's a cutie pie. Can't say I'm too fond of that one lady...can't think of a good descriptor. She comes on House Invaders as well as that show, but she's not the blonde. Gah, what was her name...

Back