Eye Jewelry

IDLEchild

Eye jewelry

Sounds safe enough but my question is...Why?

040407_eyejewel_hmed_11a.hmedium.jpg

The procedure involves inserting a 0.13 inch wide piece of specially developed jewelry -- the range includes a glittering half-moon or heart -- into the eye?s mucous membrane under local anaesthetic at a cost of $610 to $1,232.

Dire need to express individuality? OR a dire need to need personalize something in this, growing, mass produced world where your identity is reduced to a number? For the life in me I do not understand why, out of all the things to treat as a canvas on your body, would you choose the eye.

I've seen jewelry in places a lot stranger than the eye :)

Personnally, it wouldn't be for me. I don't like the tought of anything in me eye.............but if it's yer thing, why the hell not? :shrug:

I saw that a while ago and I think it would bug th epoo pit of me. I am barely able to stand my contacts let alone a glittery heart

PrincessLissa said:
I saw that a while ago and I think it would bug th epoo pit of me. I am barely able to stand my contacts let alone a glittery heart

That's how I feel - my contacts already drive me nutso. Though if it is what someone wants and they can stand it - more power to them! :)

PrincessLissa said:

Except that 1) as far as your own eye is concerned, glittery or not is irrelevant, and 2) contacts can be irritating because they go on the SURFACE of the eye; these things are actually INSIDE the membrane of your eye and hence are in no position to cause any irritation whatsoever.

Back