Fact or Fiction.

Professur

Have Hollywood films and TV shows eroded your understanding of history? Test your knowledge of some of the key events and figures of the past.
A survey to mark the 300th anniversary of the Battle of Blenheim has found that many Britons have trouble distinguishing between fact and fiction. One in three believes the Cold War did not happen, while more than one in 10 thinks that Adolf Hitler never existed.

And historians are concerned that script writers have convinced us that fictional characters like Xena Warrior Princess and Edmund Blackadder are real.

How clued up are you? Test yourself.

Test yourself

What do they mean? Of course Blackadder was real! :lloyd:

Got 9/10.

Got the question about "which of these events do people think actually happened?" wrong.

i really don't want to discuss my score but here is one that i am proud to have gotten wrong:

Some thought fictional events had actually taken place. Which of the following did most believe really happened?

A: Martian invasion of Earth, from War of the Worlds

B: Earth taken over by apes, from Planet of the Apes

C: Battle of Helm's Deep, from The Two Towers

D: Battle of Endor, from Return of the Jedi

The answer was A
War of the Worlds was real to 6% of respondents, the Battle of Helms Deep to 3%, the Battle of Endor to 2%, and Planet of the Apes to 1%.

i mean, if martian had invaded the planet do you really think the question of their existance would still be so much in debate?

7/10

I've been far too removed from my Brit history class to remember all of those funny Prime Ministers and tuck-tail Frenchy kings that they fought.

Back