Fantasy sports

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Anyone enjoy fantasy sports?

I used to do NASCAR fantasy teams, but quit when I quit following NASCAR. I've done baseball before, but didn't much care for it. I've done NFL once, and won the league. Thinking about doing one this year. I usually enter the NCAA basketball bracket contests on Yahoo and ESPN, but never won anything.

Depending on the structure of the league, they can be fun, or boring, or terribly geeky.

I tried fantasy football this year but flaked out early. I thought about doing it this year but I doubt if I will.

tonksy said:
I tried fantasy football this year but flaked out early. I thought about doing it this year but I doubt if I will.

You wanna try that again and see if you can't get it right this time?

Yeah, I do baseball and football. I am pretty bad at baseball, cause I barely take time to setup my teams for the week.

Football on the other hand, I am pretty good at. Won 3 of 4 Yahoo leagues last year and won one ESPN league that netted me $450, so that was pretty sweet. I am already signed up for two private FF leagues for Yahoo, and we'll get the other 2 setup later ( I don't like being allowed only 4 teams).

My brother's into fantasy baseball and football. He is pretty hardcore about it, in some money leagues. Frankly, it's too much time and studying stats for me. The only things I do are the weekly football pool at work (I'll get into the full season pool this year too) and fill out an NCAA bracket just for fun.

I do Fantasy Football, I run a league with a friend. I've made the 'playoffs' every year except for one, won it a few times. Low stakes. It makes you watch football differently - every game might have some meaning to you. I'm an NFC guy, Central -> North division mostly....why would Broncos vs. Dolphins matter to me? Because Randy McMichael is my tight end and I need him to score 6 point for my FF team this week to win! I LOVE RANDY MCMICHAEL! SCREW CHRIS CHAMBERS, THROW TO MCMICHAEL!

I usually Yahoo it up with a few of my buds and I am apart of the BBALL bracket at school for around $50-55. Otherwise I stay out of the whole sport scene.

Back