Feeling Frustrated

Aunty Em

I don't like my computer case. It's OK, there's nothing wrong with it, it's just boring!

I want something different... unique! Something that is special to me.... that says something about me and that is my own design, not someone elses.

After many fruitless searches I realise now that the only way I'm going to get what I really want is to mod it myself and the prospect is a little daunting to say the least. I can't even decide which case I want to buy to wreak havoc on! :eek:

Ho hum... :mope:

Got a Dremel? Got an airbrush? I've been fooling with the idea for a few weeks now. I went to the scrap yard and bought a little scrap sheet aluminum to practice on. It takes a little practice, enough so that I wouldn't start on the case I'm going to use. :D
If you want a solid color, spray paint will work, I think I'm going to airbrush something on it, but I'm pretty bad with an airbrush, so we'll see.

I won't be doing any airbrushing, but I'll have to get a dremel.

I can ask for advice from my brother in working with metal as that's what he does but I don't think I'll be able to do this:

Sutton Hoo

......................just yet! :D

I've been thinking about modding too but then I found out that its easier to hide my case somewhere I don't have to look at it and guess what problem solved! :nuts:

Is something like that what you're thinking of for your case, Aunty? That wood be seriously cool. Hmm, I even know what to use to stick brass and aluminum (sorry, aluminium :D) to plastic. I think you just made my own modding project much more difficult. :disgust2:

I have a IBM aptiva with 128MB RAM and a 4GB memory, it looks so good and sleek but its slow as fudge in winter! :D I've been successful so far in keeping Justin away and far from it :)

Aunty...you animal..you just built one :D

Clarissa, perhaps you should let Justin at that dinosaur. He might appear a little wacky on the outside...but we trust him in the computer department. :)

Yeah...the look can get a little intimidating. Best advice I can give you is just stand back and make some tea and crumpets or something...just DO NOT get between him and the mobo. :D

Clarissa said:
:D I'll let him have a whack at the old girl when he feels up to it :)

whacking the old girl is the last thing he should be doing in his condition. ovantine and a nap is the nearest he's getting :D

what makes you think that? as long as he's not getting any of that awful hot chocolate he'll be fine. what might help him is some ovatline, i happen to have a sample right here in my bag...

chcr said:
Is something like that what you're thinking of for your case, Aunty? That wood be seriously cool. Hmm, I even know what to use to stick brass and aluminum (sorry, aluminium :D) to plastic. I think you just made my own modding project much more difficult. :disgust2:

It would certainly be fun to give it a dark age theme. :D

At the moment I'm thinking... not your standard cut out window - I've seen some interesting designs which could be cut out of the case side, then resprayed and a perspex screwed on behind to form a more interesting window with an eerie glow...

I'll need to practice on some metal sheet first though.

Back