Felony dodgeball?

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
A 12-year-old girl in California has been charged with battery following a playground game of dodgeball, reports the Associated Press.

The charges stem from one of the regular games of Wall Ball at Hermosa Elementary School in Alta Loma, Calif. Brittney Schneiders is accused of kicking a ball at an opposing player with braces, giving him a fat lip.

Five other students were also accused of battery stemming from the incident, but they opted to take probation. Brittney's parents said they will fight the charges.

The case is set for trial in March.

**end**

In my day, we called something like this an ACCIDENT and went on about our business.

Shit, I knock my own teeth out on a bike, and had to get um wired back in.
I guess somebody would sue the bike company now-days.

Who in hell called the cops in the first place? ... the teachers? ... the student with the fat lip?... if he did.. the blanket party for being a total crybaby pussy is going to 50 fold the fat lip damage.

catocom said:
Absolutely. You could probably get it grandfathered in.

catocom said:
hell.. go sue them now for post traumatic stress. You remember the incident and its pain, no? Go get a lawyer.

I am guessing that's why I don't have any of those same teeth now.
If my dad can't sue for losing his leg to staff infection, I don't think
I have much of a chance on that. :alienhuh:

unclehobart said:
Who in hell called the cops in the first place? ... the teachers? ... the student with the fat lip?... if he did.. the blanket party for being a total crybaby pussy is going to 50 fold the fat lip damage.
The student with the fat lip probably got home and mommy freaked out.

I got in one little fight and my mom got scared, and said "you're moving with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air."

tonksy said:
I took a soccer ball to the face in 3rd grade....you think I got some money coming? :tardbang:

I got blindsided by one in college, sitting on the side lines. The guy bought me a beer later and it was over and done with. Not like he did it on purpose.

These things happen to everyone, but for the mother to overreact like that or whoever called the cops is just plain stupid. It's a good way to get money something out of an accident.

Professur said:
I got blindsided by one in college, sitting on the side lines. The guy bought me a beer later and it was over and done with. Not like he did it on purpose.

I got whacked with one on the inner thigh, only a few inches from the family jewels, while I was covering a soccer game for the paper a couple of months ago. No one brought me a beer... of course, the game was on a high school campus.

Back