feng shui

kuulani

I've been reading up on feng shui because my hubby and I have been designing our future house.

All I have to say is, no wonder life is hectic for me ... my ch'i is crazy right now :tardbang: :D

i'm sorry to say that i'm a total sceptic and believe that in terms of building design feng shui is up there with other bunk.

in terms of interiors it might make nice rooms, it might not.

:)

I don't know about the square footage, something not too big, not too small :D

yup, it's on the compound ... wouldn't wanna live anywhere else :headbang:

Brick probably has to be imported, basements would be hard through the layer of volcanic rock a couple feet down. 2nd Stories? I don't know :confuse3:

I'm not so sure about Feng Shui but as far as rooms 'flowing' and open spaces naturally leading you to other open spaces, I'm big on that. You need rooms out of the way that feel comfortable and safe (like a study or bedroom) but Rusty and I both agree that our common areas are going to be very open and bright with as little full walls as possible.

I love thinking about our dream house. That must be exciting for you guys. :)

Yes... but along different lines. Guy dream houses tend to be Dickensian nightmares of oversized garages, concrete, and stainless steel. Function over form ... function, function, function!

i recently found out about it and my aunt bought me a shirt for it for x-mas i love that shirt. its supposed to be very relaxing.

I actually have never been in a house with a basement or an attic. Basement & attics seems scary to me.

greenfreak said:
I love thinking about our dream house. That must be exciting for you guys. :)

It's super exciting!! Not that we're in any position right now to begin building, but we're having fun drawing out floorplans.

The sucky thing is that we may both be out of jobs in October (our contracts are up, and we don't know if our foundation is getting any more grants from the feds), so we can't get a loan in this iffy situation.

Jobs in Hilo are scarce ... but I've been lucky *knock on wood* I've never had a job interview in my life, all my jobs I've ever had were offered to me. I'll just wait for another one to come along.

If not, at least I get to spend more time with the baby :D My husband can fish, we won't starve :D

kuulani said:
I actually have never been in a house with a basement or an attic. Basement & attics seems scary to me

before we moved i was terrified of my old basement then i loved it by the time i was in middle school. and now i live in my basement. :D

kuulani said:
I actually have never been in a house with a basement or an attic. Basement & attics seems scary to me.

Me too! I think I've watched one too many movies where basements are involved.
We have an attic and I think most attics here aren't the type where you open the door and walk up the stairs, its like a little trap door in the ceiling. :shrug: But an architect I am not! Our house is weird, we get to the attic through my brothers closet. Not to mention that the entrance is right above his shelf. So that means we have to move all his crap out of the closet to go up. But now that we're all much bigger, we can't get our asses up there. ?(

most attics here are like your one, just a hatch in the ceiling. grab a chair, pop the hatch up and haul yourself up there to enjoy the spiders and old boxes of stuff you never look at but can't bear to throw away

Back